Well I recently attended the dance at my school for my grade 8 graduation on Thursday.
The dance was inside my school gym, and the school hired a DJ to come in and play music.

This DJ also had many different light effects and also a Fog Machine...or Smoke Machine.

Well I started off in a negative mood...because when you despise hip-hop and are into metal, the last thing you want to hear at your grad dance is hip-hop...which is exactly what the DJ played.

I was at the back of the gym when my friend who was near the front where the smoke was came and approached me. He told me that it seemed like he had felt like he got a sort of "high" off of the smoke when he inhaled a large amount at a time.

I thought he was lying, so decided to prove him wrong...so...I went to the front and inhaled couple of breaths of the smoke.

Soon after, I got a small bit of energy, enlightening my mood, and I began laughing, and my friend began too. It seemed like we were on drugs or something...we both could not stop laughing at eachother.

About 30 seconds later, we just stopped, and began to experience the same things.

We both started feeling very depressed, followed by chills in the spine, then some small stomach aches. When we approached the front of the gym where everyone was dancing, we inhaled more smoke without any intention of inhaling it. We started to laugh again, and the cycle repeated. By the end, we were both very depressed and tired.

This could have possibly related to the fact that i was also somewhat sad that almost everyone would be going to the same highschool except me and 1 other friend...so I would stop seeing everyone as much.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened? I searched the internet and all I could find is this: Glycol-based fog is associated with headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and tiredness in those exposed. These results would be expected given that glycols share some chemical similarities to alcohols and given the small size of fog particles making it easy for them to enter the bloodstream.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Does anyone have any idea why this happened? I searched the internet and all I could find is this: Glycol-based fog is associated with headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and tiredness in those exposed. These results would be expected given that glycols share some chemical similarities to alcohols and given the small size of fog particles making it easy for them to enter the bloodstream.

I'm pretty sure that's it.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
I'm pretty sure that's it.

Well that could be...I was feeling more depressed than tired. But what about the strange energy rushes and sudden bursts of laughter.
Quote by Green RATM Day
Well that could be...I was feeling more depressed than tired. But what about the strange energy rushes and sudden bursts of laughter.

Well you're Canadian so that must be why.
Quote by Green RATM Day
Ha. Ha. Hilarious

Well Seriously, It was obviously the smoke. You even researched to find out that it can affect your brain. Did you even need to start a thread to ask a question that you'd already answered yourself?
Quote by Green RATM Day
Glycol-based fog is associated with headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and tiredness in those exposed. These results would be expected given that glycols share some chemical similarities to alcohols and given the small size of fog particles making it easy for them to enter the bloodstream.

sounds like you pretty much answered your own question.
you were already feeling down
you felt happy and then fell back down to feeling depressed like you already were but it felt worse cause you had come down of being happy
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Ziggums
Well Seriously, It was obviously the smoke. You even researched to find out that it can affect your brain. Did you even need to start a thread to ask a question that you'd already answered yourself?

Well I was checking to see if anyone have had experiences like these before.

Or if there was a better answer...or maybe it was just my Canadian brain tricking itself.