hey people of UG. ok, so i need some advice. im in this band with some of my closest friends. i want to quit the band. my friends really are not too good at their instruments, but they think they're amazing. they want to go into punk and some goldfinger-like stuff (not my style of playing). so like, how do i say i want out without losing them as friends?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
An honest talk does wonders.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
just get them all together and have a nice talk about it
if they get all pissy and stuff..they weren't really your friends
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by darkstar2466
An honest talk does wonders.

This. Just talk to them.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Say that you don't really like their type of music, and that it would probably be better for the band if you weren't in it.
The.
I find what happens with people nowadays is a lack of communication. They're afraid they will hurt the other individual. Always have an honest conversation with others! Don't be a dick, but if they're good friends, they should be able to comprehend how you feel.

If I ever have something to say to someone, I'll say it. My friendships also have gotten much stronger after being honest with them!
Quote by Waff
I find what happens with people nowadays is a lack of communication. They're afraid they will hurt the other individual. Always have an honest conversation with others! Don't be a dick cheney.

fixed.
i mean, look at what happened with THAT lack of communication.
dude, i never said goldfinger was true punk, i said they were going to be doing music of both styles.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by wizards?
sarcasm... you couldn't tell?

Non-wizards' sarcasm meters only go up to 24, whereas ours go up 82.

EDIT: denizenz is an exception.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
lol, oops.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by vmanoman
hey people of UG. ok, so i need some advice. im in this band with some of my closest friends. i want to quit the band. my friends really are not too good at their instruments, but they think they're amazing. they want to go into punk and some goldfinger-like stuff (not my style of playing). so like, how do i say i want out without losing them as friends?

Say "Guys.. I'm really sorry, but the way you guys are headed music-wise is not the same way I want to be going. I'm leaving the band, I still want to be friends though .."

And if they say "No we can't be friends anymore" then either:

A) "Screw you then, if you can't respect my taste in music then I don't wanna be your friend."

or

B) "Just kidding, let's write some stuff like Goldfinger !"