So by the end of next week I am going to go from upright with no pickup to a upright with a pickup.

I am also going from no effects to a Boss ME-50B multi-effects pedal.

Anyway I cant wait to combine the two beasts. Who has done this and what works, and what doesn't. Also if you have any ideas Im looking for stuff try.
Les Claypool has probably messed around with uprights and effects. I can't name any songs, though.
Brian Bromberg uses some subtle but apparent chorus on his upright, and for the love of GOD, I cannot stress the importance of hall reverb on upright, especially if your action is low or play arco. Miroslav Vitous apparently was a pioneer of upright wahwah, but I can't provide an example at this time.

But anyway, go on Amazon.com and check out Brian Bromberg's CD called Jaco. Listen to the previews of Continuum (oddly enough, after that 1 minute, it turns into a gay smooth Jazz bull**** version), Portrait of Tracy, and Three Views of a Secret.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Scourge441
Les Claypool has probably messed around with uprights and effects. I can't name any songs, though.

Mr. Krinkle from Primus is played on an electric upright with some overdrive/distortion on it. And it sounds really awesome. He is playing it bowed though.