I've done some more research. I still yet have not tried the windsor head, but i've checked out the guitar world review on it. The guy basically says in the video cleans are hard to get.

Traynor amps are one company that im clueless about, I just haven't came across any. Someone recommended one to me on here the other day. I found the Traynor YSR-1, it looks pretty decent.

So heres what im looking for, and mostly likely it will be found in a vintage amp:

Low cost 300-400$
Good cleans
It has to be balls loud, my band is starting to get known for how loud we are.
One channel is all I need really.

At recent shows ive been using a Carvin V3(borrowed) and to be honest its a very nice amp, but I would never need 3 channels.

Please help me find what I want.

Thanks!

If you want to hear what I play, heres a link to my bands myspace.
www.myspace.com/aswewererock
Hmm....your cost is what really prohibits ya....but Id say check out other Carvins...maybe an X100? They get loud as balls.

btw, Excellent band. Great influences. Good sound.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I looked at the x100, a little more than I want to spend, but its in the thoughts of possibilities. I own a carvin pro bass 100-10, and I love it. So I would have no problem buying another carvin.

Thanks on the complement.

I want some more suggestions please.
Wait, do you have a cab? Or do you want a combo?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
goddamit other than the price a jcm 800 would be great
if you get even 50 watts or the 100 watt combo than:
1. its loud like you want it to be
2. its got balls like you also want
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
In that case, look around for a Sovtek Mig 50 or a 60 or a 100. Theyre around $300, but sound AMAZING. Theyre like a JCM 800. Theyre awesome. Loud as hell...all tube.
Quote by tarlkea
At that price range your really limiting yourself. Maybe the Valvekings (see the demo in my profile) Peavy classic 30, The sovtek mentioned, and the traynor your friend told you about.
One of our guitarist plays on a valveking, the other on a 1969 earth g2000.

Im currently using a Kustom quad jr halfstack.

Its decent for SS.

I really want this to come out for the better, I feel like the Sovtek is probably the strongest of these amps that have been mentioned, Just finding one is the problem.
Quote by Jakeannihilate
One of our guitarist plays on a valveking, the other on a 1969 earth g2000.

Im currently using a Kustom quad jr halfstack.

Its decent for SS.

I really want this to come out for the better, I feel like the Sovtek is probably the strongest of these amps that have been mentioned, Just finding one is the problem.

Look on craigslist...like all around. You should be able to find one. Ebay isnt a bad bet either though. Check local music stores too.

The cleans on the Sovtek are actually really good. I tried one out a couple weeks ago. It literally is a Russian JCM.
Quote by tarlkea