Page 1 of 10
Yes, yes, we all know guitars are the best thing since boobies, but to every good thing there IS AT LEAST ONE BAD THING. Name it.

For me it'd be the calluses. I can't feel with the tips of my fingers on my left hand - it sucks! Sure, you get used to it, but I'd prefer to be able to feel things. But if calluses didn't form playing guitar would hurt.
Strings breaking, expensive hobby, and callouses.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by SaltyOreo17
being asked to play stairway to heaven

and sweet child of mine and crazy train
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
im amazed no one has said the incredible amount of time that it takes to learn songs/theory. then again, if it were taht easy everyone would be doing it
NOPE
when u play at gigs and all the fat chicks flash you...mental scars
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
When someone finds out you play, and they ask you what kind? Its like well I play guitar...and their response is "oh can you play an acoustic or an electric?". For some reason that drives me crazy lol.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Not having enough money to buy a new amp and thus having to put up with a piece of **** Fender 15R Frontman for years.

Ooh, I have the same amp.
Sad, is it not?

It'll be forever until I can afford a decent Peavey.
Quote by SaltyOreo17
being asked to play stairway to heaven

I find that funny... and I have a good story about that too. I'll tell it if you like.

Well the worst thing has to be getting shown up by a much better guitarist. That's just the worst feeling in the world when you're playing with someone in a totally different league and all you want to do is keep up, but you can't. That or getting told that you're worse than someone else that can play something from top 40 radio, and you're playing cliffs of dover or something.
It's too expensive.
The pain in forming callouses.
Being afraid of using my tremolo bar, due to a floating bridge and finicky tunings.
Tuning in general.
The overall ignorance of guitar players, especially when it comes to elitism.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by AA00P
Sad, is it not?

CLASSIC 30!
There is usually somebody better than you around at any time you're playing with other people.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
practicing

not having cash so you're stuck with **** gear and feal like **** and dont feel like playing any ****. i know you know what im saying.

people asking you to play something. wtf. they only know like gay **** like hotel california and stairway to heaven, which is so out of my genre. i play metal they leave rofl ****ers. mother****ing ****er bitch ass ****ers.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
and sweet child of mine and crazy train

its worse if they know u can play it

or if they come up with their fav song and u dont know it and they automatically think u suck cuz u never heard of it before
The uncomfortableness of sitting down in my arm chair and trying to play the guitar at the same time
Floating bridge tremolo's. I hate tuning and re-stringing the bastards.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by AA00P
Sad, is it not?

The worst part is that in order to get rid of it I have to drive all the way to Mount Doom to have it incinerated.

What a piece of **** it is.
Having bad days (playing wise). It just gets me so frustrated at everything.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

LOLz play Ir0n M4n!!11!!!
Yeah and the next worst thing is that if you play guitar, people wont recognize you for anything else.
Say you are asked to go somewhere but you cant for some reason.
They'll say, "oh, are you gonna go home and rip it up on guitar?lolol he plays guitar!!11!"
WTFux, I have other talents!
Quote by wizards?
I find that funny... and I have a good story about that too. I'll tell it if you like.

Well the worst thing has to be getting shown up by a much better guitarist. That's just the worst feeling in the world when you're playing with someone in a totally different league and all you want to do is keep up, but you can't. That or getting told that you're worse than someone else that can play something from top 40 radio, and you're playing cliffs of dover or something.

do tell
when your better than a noob at guitar and they are all cocky and say they are better than you cause they just learned how to play a really easy song, like the ones they give you to practice at school, then when you show them a hardcore song they are all like "yeah i thought you that".
i hate stupid fags like that.
there was so many at my old school
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Knowing that its not as cool as Guitarhero.

they **** themselfs when they see u actuallly do half that **** and then say your turn
Quote by Waff
Probably callouses.... Expense in gear. People asking you to play a certain song, and if you don't know that one song, you suck.

+1