it really frusrating for me because before i could learn and play an intermediate song in 20 - 30 min (i played for bout 9 months) now it has became just a hassle and totally frustrating for instace when i tune my gitar to drop D it sounds awful still (i love drop D) i find as EASY song and just cant play it i try for about 2 hours and just get nowhere i know many people/guitarsts go through that stage and i need help any advice how to cope or get over it because i seem hopeless as of now please guys help me out here

P.S. i play electic guitar if hat helps... and sorry if i misspelled any words XD
appreciate your help
Firstly, realize that playing guitar is an ongoing journey; you'll hit these ruts every so often (I'm in one myself right now) but that just makes the rewards even better later on.

I'd advise you to just put the guitar down for a day or two and you'll reach a point where you can't resist anymore; at that point you'll have to pick the guitar up and you'll remember how much you love it and why you picked it up in the first place. If you want to just play instead, try a completely different approach to your practice routine:

Listen to some music that's entirely different than what you normally listen to. Music is a language and it's cool to see how various people express themselves through it. Do some new practice exercises, change your tuning, play acoustic if possible; just explore music and see how much there is out there for you to do.

Just make sure you know that this will get better; follow some of these suggestions and just never lose sight of the fact that you picked up the instrument because it was something you wanted to do. You'll get better if you want to, trust me.
i have recently experiensed this and i know how it feels.
john butler trio is always good to learn and it isn't too hard
Some acoustic songs are the way to go from here ace them and you'll feel much more confident with yourself. This confidence can help you to learn new songs
ARCHITECTS

UNDEROATH

Aaron Gillespie
Dallas Green

Everyone goes through that period. Until you realize what you have to do, no one can help you. When I was younger, my father told me to practice every day. I didn't, I just sat there playing my stupid Blink 182 songs instead of the stuff he was giving me, sight reading etc.

One day my friend showed me that he could play Eugene's Trick Bag, I wanted to learn it too. It was like nothing I've ever played. It was probably the hardest thing I've attempted in my life in proportion to my skill level. I went from playing simple progressions to, well... Eugene's Trick Bag. It wasn't easy and I wanted to give up, but I kept going.

After that, everything got easier. I learned how to practice efficiently and I actually enjoyed playing complicated stuff.

All you need is a guitar-related life-changing experience.
you might want to move up a notch now.....i started off brain stew...now santana and im 12...
Honestly there isnt much anyone can tell you. Just try to work through it, learn a song that is a little bit over your skill level. I was in one of those ruts a few years ago, so I worked my butt off for over a week to learn Canon Rock. Eventually, I got it down decently, and I found that I was out of the rut I put myself in.

Learn something a little over your skill level and you will probably come out of your rut. But Im not saying you should learn to sweep and play Eruption perfectly after only 9 months
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
one of the main problems with frustration at only 9 months of play is that your
estimate for how long it takes to learn things well and properly is WAY WAY
optimistic. If you give yourself some realistic time frames, you'll get less frustrated.
There's no rush beyond the rush you put on yourself.
Quote by zippidyduda
Honestly there isnt much anyone can tell you. Just try to work through it, learn a song that is a little bit over your skill level.

one of my main problems is that I dont know whats a song "a bit over my skill level", I just take any song I like and slow it down until I can play it, then I raise the speed a bit and so on :p

i have no teacher and i have so many questions ... :_p

someone would bother to take a look at the covers I uploaded to my profile and tell me an estimation of my skill level? :p

as for the TS: "winners never quit, quitters never win"
I agree with EDG, learning a song isn't being able to play through it once without making mistakes. It's the ability to know that you are NOT going to make any mistakes and play it using correct phrasing, at different tempos, adding your own dynamics etc etc. You don't do that in half an hour.

Mastering a piece on my classical guitar can take me months. I try not to get down and frustrated on the hardparts but it happens and you just have to try pull through.

So I +1 everything smiley said. Good luck man.
Quote by pirate694
it really frusrating for me because before i could learn and play an intermediate song in 20 - 30 min (i played for bout 9 months) now it has became just a hassle and totally frustrating for instace when i tune my gitar to drop D it sounds awful still (i love drop D) i find as EASY song and just cant play it i try for about 2 hours and just get nowhere i know many people/guitarsts go through that stage and i need help any advice how to cope or get over it because i seem hopeless as of now please guys help me out here

P.S. i play electic guitar if hat helps... and sorry if i misspelled any words XD
appreciate your help

Change your strings. First thing I do if I hit a rut.
there is sooo much to a guitar. its not just the actual playing of the instrument its also teh passion for the art of music
if you look inside yourself and bring your sole into what you do you will do great, and even though you think you get nowhere every time you pick up your instrument you still get something out of it, you might not think so but you do,you are becoming more familiar with the fret board you are strengthening your fingers,teaching your ears to pick up notes, no matter what you are dinging you always get something out of it and if you just think like that then you should be fine.but do make sure you take care of your instrument because you wouldn't want to do something harmful to yourself so why do so on something that i consider a part of you
give it time
Quote by pirate694

appreciate your help

9 months is nothing, you've still got your training wheels on. There's no such thing as an "easy" song, only things you know and things you don't. It's not like levelling up in a video game, passing a certain "level" doesn't automatically mean you can beat any song that's below that level. For anything you don't know it's going to take time to learn it, 2 hours isn't enough. Even guys like Satriani and Vai still have to spend time learning things they don't know.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com