Ok now i have a problem with what i think is my guitar, but it could be an amp issue. Now the thing is whenever i try to play my electric guitar now it makes this strange buzzing sound, it's the same sound that is made when i touch the end of the cable. So i'm guessing it has something to do with the cable but i tried another one and it still made the noise. Does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this?

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
Ok now i have a problem with what i think is my guitar, but it could be an amp issue. Now the thing is whenever i try to play my electric guitar now it makes this strange buzzing sound, it's the same sound that is made when i touch the end of the cable. So i'm guessing it has something to do with the cable but i tried another one and it still made the noise. Does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this?

it sounds like you have your gain all the way up which means that your pickups are picking up more then the strings and are actually bouncing electric currents through your hardware and thats what you hear so if you turn your gain down you wont hear it
Quote by sexothemonkee
it sounds like you have your gain all the way up which means that your pickups are picking up more then the strings and are actually bouncing electric currents through your hardware and thats what you hear so if you turn your gain down you wont hear it

Ok i tried that but it didn't seem to do anything.

Also if it helps when i touch the strings the sound gets much louder.

has no signature.
i guess you are sure that your guitar is grounded properly inside (shielded)?

have you introduced anything new lately?

have you tried plugging your amp into a diff socket and/or do you have anything else plugged into say a power strip along with amp?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i guess you are sure that your guitar is grounded properly inside (shielded)?

have you introduced anything new lately?

have you tried plugging your amp into a diff socket and/or do you have anything else plugged into say a power strip along with amp?

Yeah i had a look inside and it appears to be working fine.

It was mid way through playing that this stuffed up.

I have not yet tried plugging it into a different socket and i put in a phone charger a few minutes before i started playing. I guess i better go check that out.

EDIT: I unplugged the phone charger and tried the amp in a different socket none of them worked.

has no signature.
Last edited by 11223344554433 at Jun 21, 2008,
what do you mean 'none of them worked'

i usually recommend to plug nothing else into socket/power strip except for the amp and maybe pedals.

i get some buzz too if my cell phone goes off but never plugged the charger into same strip so idk.

is it possible a connector came loose in guitar? can you verify that input jack on guitar is secure?

what guitar and amp do you have again?
When i said none of them worked i ment that none of the sockets worked, i tried all 4 of them.

The only thing i have plugged in is my amp.

I'm not too sure if a connector came loose as i don't know how to check. And im not too sure what you mean by the input jack being secure.

Also i have an ESP/LTD H-50 running through a Roland 15 Cube. Thanks for all your help.

has no signature.
bumpy

have you tried your guitar in a different amp or a different guitar in your amp?

search on 'loose input jack'

it is where you plug your cable into guitar (or amp for that matter). i'm not saying this is the problem and i'm not a guitar tech but this might help if you want to read thru.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=866728&page=1&pp=20&highlight=loose+input+jack

otherwise, you MAY want to take your gear to a tech but that could be a waste of $$ if you can figure it out on your own.

311zoso
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
bumpy

have you tried your guitar in a different amp or a different guitar in your amp?

search on 'loose input jack'

it is where you plug your cable into guitar (or amp for that matter). i'm not saying this is the problem and i'm not a guitar tech but this might help if you want to read thru.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=866728&page=1&pp=20&highlight=loose+input+jack

otherwise, you MAY want to take your gear to a tech but that could be a waste of $$ if you can figure it out on your own.

311zoso

Yeah i can't really try it in another amp because i don't have one and this is the only guitar i have.

I have opened it up and had a look at the input jack and this is what i discovered:

There are 3 different pieces of metal that are loose. When the cord is plugged in it is touching one of them. Another one has some wire hanging down from it. And the other piece of metal doesn't seem to be doing anything. It is also quite twisted.

The guitar is still under warranty so i can just take it back if it dosen't work but it could be some time before it is fixed.

has no signature.