I'm looking to buy any Marshall Halfstack really, my current amp is a piece of trash 10 watt Kustom I got for $50 bucks and I've been using for 4 1/2 years. I'm looking for a Marshall a half stack maybe in the $300 - $500 range, I've seen a few on ZZzounds and I want one that I can preferably play at gigs. .I'm willing to go up to like $700 if its a steal but yeah thats what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be great and I'd appreciate it thanks.

I'll also take suggestions for other brand amps and list any price I don't mind even if its up to $2000
Last edited by Guns N' r0ses at Jun 21, 2008,
overated much????
u shud totally get the line 6 spider 3 it wud blow that away....
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
overated much????

idk i like marshalls but 700 i mean you could get a decent one for that but i would save my money and get a full tube half stack
At that price you aren't going to get the tone you are after , look at a valve king combo/half stack those things dish out some great tones especially when compared at a $700 Marshall.
you should NOT by any means be getting a half stack in that price range. not by marshall anyways. you can probably get an mg halfstack. but it'll sound like wind coming through your amp at different frequencies

Edit: ^^ yeah, the valveking is likely what you're after if you want a cheap alternative to great marshall tone. If you wanna go all the way though, JVM 410h
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
overated much????

i hope you're being sarcastic about the line 6 suggestion.

you won't get a good marshall for that price. you could get a used JCM900 head on ebay, but it's just be a head, no cab. you'll need at least another 500 for a good cab.

for up to 700 you could get a really nice tube amp. it won't be a halfstack but it'll be good. peavey classic 30, orange amps, traynor's are good i hear, and of course fender makes great tube amps.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Lol, get a Tube combo. No mg plz.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
go craigslist

i've got a 100 watt carvin halfstack, put together, about $400.

used gear ftw
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
Hmmmm seems like Half stacks must suck or something Idk I may save up to get a even better one I def dont wanna spend $600 on something that people say aren't worth it or the tone sucks but ok I'll look into it, there is a marshall tube combo amp for $1200

on google
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
A halfstack from the ALMIGHTY MARSHALL for only 600$!!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807

It must be good!!

Yes! That one's crushing!

You might be able to get a head on eBay, but then you'd need a cab to go with it. I'd suggest taking a blow to your ego and grabbin' a tube combo (like everyone else is saying)

Or save up some more money. You get what you pay for.*

*offer does not apply to SS stacks, MGs, and Spiders.
What a bunch o' children on UG tonight...or Zit poppers. OP...What kind of music do you play? Also, realize that the solid state MG Marshall's are not very good amp's...kinda giving bad name to Marshall. Are you willing to go used? Are you planning on performing or bedroom practice stuff?

Be prepared for recommendations on amps that sound like a marshall - but better. Don;t get discouraged.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
overated much????

This.
Please don't get a half stack man. Period. Tube or not. The volume is enough to kill someone and while the tone is significantly fuller, you will more or less cancel it out by giving up your ability to crank (or even turn it up halfway) the amp and saturate the tubes.

For marshall amps, there is a DSL and a TSL combo, check those out. The peavey valvekings are also nice. Just think about it really hard before you get a massive halfstack that you can't ever use at the right volume.
IT doesn't HAVE to be a marshall I just need an amp with good tone and I use a Digitech FX pedal really to get my "sound" as odd as it seems, I need an amp I can use for the bedroom yet its loud enough for a gig like a 100watt im thinking but I want something thats I'm payin a real good price for like its worth the money. I guess MARSHALL is just such an appealing name ya know. . haha
OP ... 30 to 50 watts (tube) is plenty for performing!!! As far as bedroom 5 watts (tube) will get you there. A combo does sound like a good alternative for your needs.
Quote by Dimebagjeff
line 6 SUCKS dont go with that, get a randall or marshall

Hahaha ok but I think your gonna get flamed for that
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
IT doesn't HAVE to be a marshall I just need an amp with good tone and I use a Digitech FX pedal really to get my "sound" as odd as it seems, I need an amp I can use for the bedroom yet its loud enough for a gig like a 100watt im thinking but I want something thats I'm payin a real good price for like its worth the money. I guess MARSHALL is just such an appealing name ya know. . haha

well some of the best amps available on the market ARE in fact marshalls. but they are expensive. JCM800, JCM900, and Marshall Plexi's are amazing amps. you could fetch used ones on ebay, but they go for a bit more than what you have.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Ok, Right now I have $400, I'll save till $600, just tell me whats the best AMP at $600 that I can get that isn't noisy or clutterly, gives a rich tone and I will NOT have problems with and will NOT regret paying for, I own a Les Paul standard and I use a Digitech FX pedal and I love to play rock anything from AC/DC to GNR to so on. That should help you guys, im really appreciating the suggestions although thanks
The thing with tubes is that you need to shove the volume up to get a good distorted sound from them. SS can handle themselves at lower volumes, but yeah, you'd need a lot more wattage if you want to push it up. Depending on gig size, you'd want at least 30 watts, which would kill your ears if you tried it at a bedroom level unless you bought an attenuator.

I'm assuming you like some classic rock, and metal seeing as you like Marshall.

Crate Palomino
Peavey Classic 30 or 50
Traynor YCV50BLUE (or 30)

These all can get a good tone. The Peavey would need an OD or distortion pedal to punch it a bit more (though I haven't had the chance to crank it past 7). Best hope is to go to your local store and try them out.

Edit: These can nail some good classic rock and some G'N'R. Most people would suggest getting at least 2x12 so you can push more sound, but it's not required.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i'm confused.

is your budget $300 - $500 or
$700 or
$2,000

or are you playing with us?

No not at all, If there really is an amp out there that you think i should rather save up for like past $1000 or $1500 I'd be willing to hear, right NOW I think I can hit $700 if i were to buy within the next few weeks to month
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
No not at all, If there really is an amp out there that you think i should rather save up for like past $1000 or $1500 I'd be willing to hear, right NOW I think I can hit $700 if i were to buy within the next few weeks to month

On a budget, a Traynor YVC50Blue would work pretty well (maybe with an OD pedal).

If you're willing to save up for the uber-awesome amp, maybe look into used TUBE Marshall's and look into Oranges.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Why?

Quit screwing around before you get reported.

*leaves thread to go help people that are really in need*

Cuz a lot of people on and off UG reccomend using Line 6 I guess I just thought ppl wouldn't like that comment geeeeez. . and I am in need
Quote by Guns N' r0ses

If you can save up, Orange amps are worth a look. I drool for them personally; they can nail just about any sound you want-- Guns, Van Halen (oh god can it do Van Halen), AC/DC