Poll: Which pedals do you think are the best? (Prices are in AUD)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pedals do you think are the best? (Prices are in AUD)
Line 6 UBER METAL $199
4 10%
Digitech Distortion Factory $255
5 13%
BOSS Metal-Core $180
11 28%
Marshall Guv'nor $100
11 28%
Line 6 Pocket Pod $200
9 23%
BOSS Acoustic simulator $209
6 15%
BOSS Super Chorus/Chorus Ensemble $140
20 50%
BOSS GE-7 EQ $150
15 38%
Digitech Chorus Factory $210
4 10%
BOSS Digital Reverb $235
15 38%
Voters: 40.
I've deleted my other thread just so this isnt spam.

Im selling my old guitar and amp along with my pedals and im going to buy 3-4 new pedals with the money.

Vote in the poll for which edals you think are the best. Please choose a distortion and two other pedals (other many anything besides distortion)

Thanks guys.

EDIT: No overdrive pedals. I have a SS amp.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jun 21, 2008,
what types of music you like to play?
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Distortion - MXR Distortion III or Ibanez TS7 ($50)
Delay - Boss DD-3 ($80)
Phaser - MXR Phase 90 (make sure to do the R28, C11 and C12 mods on it) ($60)
Volume pedal - Bespeco Stereo volume ($20)
These are the used prices, too.
edit: just saw your poll. I'd actually advise you to stay away from most of those pedals man
Quote by Lastin
what types of music you like to play?

Lots of stuff.

Metal
Rock
more mellow stuff - oasis
acoustic - i can use my acoustic for that though
Industrial
Pop punk/rock
Whatever genre dream theatre is.

etc.

But heavy distortion is important to me
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/Top Boost.
Digitech's Whammy Pedal is also pretty useful, u can tune half step down or a full step easily by setting the pedal at a certain angle and hittin the button, it's really useful especially if you have one of those bridges that the strings hold up on your guitar like me that suck to tune.
Quote by cjpiquette
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/Top Boost.
Digitech's Whammy Pedal is also pretty useful, u can tune half step down or a full step easily by setting the pedal at a certain angle and hittin the button, it's really useful especially if you have one of those bridges that the strings hold up on your guitar like me that suck to tune.

Unfortunatly the (only) store near me dosnt have a metal muff.
for the reverb get an EHX Holy Grail its better and cheaper
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
if you have a tube amp then theres a volume booster on the dunlop crybaby 535q that can give you up to 28db of gain. this can serve as an overdrive if you run out of money, also it is a very versatile wah and sounds very good. if you want a lot of really strong overdrive seymour duncan makes whats called a twin tube mayhem, it is an overdrive pedal, but is rated very high but is also very expensive, look into these too.
I have heard bad things about the boss metalcore. Just my 2 cents.

You should also consider a loopstation of some sort since your willing to pay the money. They are very nice for practicing.
Quote by Sadistic sponge
I have heard bad things about the boss metalcore. Just my 2 cents.

You should also consider a loopstation of some sort since your willing to pay the money. They are very nice for practicing.

Whats a loop station?

EDIT: Please don't suggest other pedals unless its a whole new type of pedal (Like the guys who suggested a loop station and a volume pedal)
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jun 21, 2008,
I'm tired so I don't feel like looking up the model names, but the boss RC-2 is a loop station.

They let you record a rhythm track, which you can then play over. Pretty handy, imo.
Quote by Sadistic sponge
I'm tired so I don't feel like looking up the model names, but the boss RC-2 is a loop station.

They let you record a rhythm track, which you can then play over. Pretty handy, imo.

Actualy that sounds pretty awesome.

I will look into it. Thanks man
Heres what im looking at right now.

RC-2 Loop Station. I cant find it on my local music stores website but I'm sure they have it. They have every BOSS pedal ever.

The BOSS GE-7 EQ. Just because I like EQ

The distortion I haven't decided upon yet.

And maybe one more pedal depending on the distortion and how much the loop station costs.
What city do you live in, dude?

If you live in a city. I can give you some good stores to broaden your options if you're from Melbourne.
almost all of those are crap..
Line 6 UBER METAL $199 metal muff
Digitech Distortion Factory $255 ehh pricey and looks like ****
BOSS Metal-Core $180 horrible
Marshall Guv'nor $100 doubt its worth it
Line 6 Pocket Pod $200 maybe?
BOSS Acoustic simulator $209 HORRIBLE pedal
BOSS Super Chorus/Chorus Ensemble $140 EHX small clone ftw
BOSS GE-7 EQ $150 mxr 10 band or 6 band
Digitech Chorus Factory $210 horrible
BOSS Digital Reverb $235 horrible

phase=mxr phase 90
delay=digital=bosses=analog=ehx memory man, or carbon copy
you need a new amp
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
almost all of those are crap..
Line 6 UBER METAL $199 metal muff
Digitech Distortion Factory $255 ehh pricey and looks like ****
BOSS Metal-Core $180 horrible
Marshall Guv'nor $100 doubt its worth it
Line 6 Pocket Pod $200 maybe?
BOSS Acoustic simulator $209 HORRIBLE pedal
BOSS Super Chorus/Chorus Ensemble $140 EHX small clone ftw
BOSS GE-7 EQ $150 mxr 10 band or 6 band
Digitech Chorus Factory $210 horrible
BOSS Digital Reverb $235 horrible

phase=mxr phase 90
delay=digital=bosses=analog=ehx memory man, or carbon copy
you need a new amp

Nope. Not getting a new amp.

I suppose it dosnt help that half the list is BOSS =P

Im going to try them out at the store i just want some peoples opinions .

Also instead of just saying "Your list is crap buy a new amp" You could suggest a decent distortion pedal maybe?
Quote by snot_foster25
What city do you live in, dude?

If you live in a city. I can give you some good stores to broaden your options if you're from Melbourne.

Im in Perth

What are the stores anyway? Chances are there's one that's in the city.
/facepalm/

you honestly need to rethink that list. and honestly rethink this purchase. nothing is going to fix your tone with the amp i THINK you might be playing.

but if you do want a great distortion pedal look at the MI audio crunch box. theyre from AUS so it will be cheaper than what i would pay in the US.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by Final !mpact
Nope. Not getting a new amp.

I suppose it dosnt help that half the list is BOSS =P

Im going to try them out at the store i just want some peoples opinions .

Also instead of just saying "Your list is crap buy a new amp" You could suggest a decent distortion pedal maybe?

honestly there really isn't that many quality distortion pedals
its just not even worth trying
maybe one of those tube distortion pedals would help
but why not get a new amp?
what amp do you have?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
what amp do you have?

tube dist pedals are a scam. 9v is not nearly enough power to actually put the tubes to any use.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by acdclandon
what amp do you have?

I'm not arguing with you, I know there are hardly any good distortion pedals but a distortion pedal is the best i can do.

I said this about 5 seconds ago in another thread

Quote by Final !mpact

Its really annoying when I ask a question relating to an effects pedal and everyone just says "Your amp is ****, Get a tube amp!"

'Guitar Gear and Accessories' should be renamed 'Guitar Amps'

I cant afford a new amp. My amp is fine it just cant get teh br00talz. 400 Australian dollars wont get you **** all.
thats what i said, SAVE the money, i mean you do have like 12 pedals or so on the list, just forget about those and work on the amp, and SAVE up for it
its not instantaneous, its saving up for a long period of time
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
thats what i said, SAVE the money, i mean you do have like 12 pedals or so on the list, just forget about those and work on the amp, and SAVE up for it
its not instantaneous, its saving up for a long period of time

Look dude. I like my amp. Awesome cleans (especialy with a bit of chorus) awesome iron maiden like tone. Its just not heavy enough. Which is why i want the Distortion pedal.

Besides i got the amp as a Christmas's present from my parents. It has sentimental value as well.
Quote by Final !mpact
Look dude. I like my amp. Awesome cleans (especialy with a bit of chorus) awesome iron maiden like tone. Its just not heavy enough. Which is why i want the Distortion pedal.

Besides i got the amp as a Christmas's present from my parents. It has sentimental value as well.

okay okay, wait what amp is it?
okay well i can understand that too i got my mg for christmas as well
i've heard the protone body rot is good for heavy ****
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
okay okay, wait what amp is it?
okay well i can understand that too i got my mg for christmas as well
i've heard the protone body rot is good for heavy ****

Its an AXL 75 watt

And thanks for the suggestion
Quote by Final !mpact
Its an AXL 75 watt

And thanks for the suggestion

well never heard of it so i can't even critique it
oh well
...i would still suggest a new amp in the future though..tehe
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
well never heard of it so i can't even critique it
oh well
...i would still suggest a new amp in the future though..tehe

When i get to gigging i will probably get a marshall stack or something

Listen to a few of these samples of the marshall jackhammer and tell me what you think.

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Marshall_JackHammer_p/mrshl-jkhmr.htm

You might have to scroll down a bit.

Quote by sg622
tube dist pedals are a scam. 9v is not nearly enough power to actually put the tubes to any use.

yeah, they are a bit gimmicky, but they do sound nice I worked with a band whose rhythm guitarist used a 15 watt fender pro-junior amp and a seymour duncan twin-tube (at the time i got really confused and kept referring to it as a fender twin-tube, because i associate the word "twin" with fender and because that guy used fender products for everything else), and he got a really nice tone from it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The Sansamp GT2, best distortion pedal ever!!!
http://www.northcoastguitars.com.au/sansampgt2.html
Killer price to!
I really think you should save up a little more and just buy a Bugera 6260 combo, they can be bought for about $700 aus and it'll be so good to brootal ****.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I honestly wouldnt reccomend a single one of those pedals for anyone serious about their rig...

ProCo Turbo Rat
Akai Headrush
EHX Grail
EHX Nano Stone
Small Clone
Quote by howey
The Sansamp GT2, best distortion pedal ever!!!
http://www.northcoastguitars.com.au/sansampgt2.html
Killer price to!
I really think you should save up a little more and just buy a Bugera 6260 combo, they can be bought for about $700 aus and it'll be so good to brootal ****.

yeah, the sansamp is a great little amp modeller/distortion pedal - its a modeller yes, but its an all analog modeller (no digital bitrates and stuff which degrade the tone), and sounds a lot more authentic than anything else on the market imo. Tech21 make some neat stuff.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Final !mpact

Get a really nice paper bag.

Take a dump in it.

Mix with gold coins.

Result? Putting more stuff in the bag won't magically take the crap away, so you still have a load of crap in a paper bag.
New Amp
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by whoismilan
Get a really nice paper bag.

Take a dump in it.

Mix with gold coins.

Result? Putting more stuff in the bag won't magically take the crap away, so you still have a load of crap in a paper bag.

oh god i finally met somebody that made the PERFECT analogy....
right on man, lmao
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE