So my amp's been in for repairs for 2 and a half weeks (took to GC to try to swap it, as it was 34 days old. No dice, so they sent it somewhere else for repairs).

I called them Thursday because I'm getting antsy in my pantsy and want my amp back, and they said it hasn't been sent back yet, and they'll call me when it is. Ok, fine. Makes sense.

I come home Friday after work, and my mom says that GC called, asking her to give them the serial number of the amp, because there's been some sort of mix up. I called them and of course, nobody knew anything about it.

I get the feeling that these ****s forgot about it, and put it on the floor and either:

1) resold it
2) forgot to send it in to the repair shop and now can't figure out which one is mine

The repair place isn't open on weekends, but I'm calling them Monday and if they say that they haven't received it yet, I'm going to GC and just taking a new one and saying **** you to everyone there, keep the old one, I'm taking this.

Has this happened to anyone else where a store ****s up and forgets about your gear or mixes it up with someone elses?

Also, any other ideas as to what this mix-up might be?

(Sorry i'm a little pissed off)
They gave me a USED Marshall MG when I told them I wanted a new one! but this was at samash lol, and a long time ago.
Quote by esp1234
They gave me a USED Marshall MG when I told them I wanted a new one! but this was at samash lol, and a long time ago.

That's the biggest problem I see here...

Um, I just have a few small music shops around here, and I've never had a problem with any of them (but I've only bought anything from just one of them).
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150

Um, I just have a few small music shops around here, and I've never had a problem with any of them (but I've only bought anything from just one of them).

Ha, the irony...you have one in your sig!
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Ha, the irony...you have one in your sig!

with a no no sign next to it though, and on the ug thing unless you have a recepit you lose your money, also check everything and make sure you ask the employee who took care of it for you, and ive had problems with them not takeing my stuff my GC wont take amp or guitars or anything its annoying
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by E V H 5150

He's not the TS.

TS (Treadstarter) get the name of the place they send there stuff to. Shouldn't be a secret and they should tell you. Then demand your amp back even if you have to go there and pick up yourself. Things happen all the time everywhere with typos, miscommunications, lost stuff, etc.

Call and ask for Mngr tomorrow, they are open. GC that is. If they lost it some how demand you get a new one. Did you buy it there and how old is it?

And what was the problem to begin with?

Sorry if I missed something.
I know an ex-guitar center employee

APPARENTLY they are trained to hump your leg into buying **** you don't need. Thats why he quit.

You want real service and advice? go to a non-chain store...
My personal favorite is Manny's on West 48th Street in NYC
it was 34 days old when i brought it in on the third, so say 52 days

yes i bought it there

the problem was that something in the amp (speaker baffle i think) rattled, and it would shut off after 45 minutes of playing. It's a Fender super champ xd.

I know where they sent it and am going to call them on Monday, because I couldn't go out and get it until Wednesday anyway

It's going to suck if I waited 3 weeks, then have to send it out again

I've heard that from a lot of people, but I don't seem to have that problem at my GC.

The employees ignore you until you ask them something, then they get what you ask for and seem pretty knowledgeable. Nobody pushed spiders or mgs or starter kits on me.

Maybe they are the employees that haven't been replaced by the new owners yet, idk
Last edited by pak1351 at Jun 21, 2008,
One time I took a guitar in for a floyd setup, and it took over 6 weeks to get back. =/

This was at a Sam Ash, the one in Canoga Park, CA.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
well ive never needed a recipet they have it stored in the computer so they know what you bought. I'd be pissed and if i dont get my amp back soon id tell them they'll have a lawsuit. I bet they'll come up with something then.