Page 1 of 2
so i'm watching tv and this comercial comes on for this Guitar Idol thing. Its some guitar pick type thing that plays music when you strum. I couldn't stop laughing because it was the most retarded thing I have ever seen. Am i the only one that thinks this is a disgrace to anyone that actually plays guitar?

Link to the website https://www.spindirect.com/product_order.php?productid=16442&s=guitaridol&sessid=e17063ea5c62f348449fcbc
sigs are dumb...
Last edited by yobird42 at Jun 21, 2008,
It's just for losers who wish they knew how to play.....
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
yeah ive heard of that. its so stupid. all it does is play a song, and you strum. your strumming doesn't even do anything. you just act like it does. instead of doing that, just turn on the radio, and air guitar to it. much better
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, and all the products the company makes are retarded.
You stole my Overture
I think it would prefer "Challenged".

EDIT: yes I saw it in the Zeller's flyer and laughed a bit.
Last edited by Erik_Aero at Jun 21, 2008,
There are many, many things that desecrate and disgrace our sacred art of guitar playing. So I've learned to stop being an elitist and let it go.
Don't use retarded as a derogatory term.

On topic: That does sound like a pretty lame idea.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

That pretty much sucks.

Sadly enough, i can see my dad playing one.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by spartan 118
Don't use retarded as a derogatory term.

On topic: That does sound like a pretty lame idea.

sorry bad habit .
sigs are dumb...
Haha. I don't get why people get offended when guitars are portrayed differently. I just don;t see the point in getting angry with something that won't affect you in any way. I'm sure the people making it AND buuying it know that it's not close to a real guitar nor will they think that they will have the ability to do so. But that's just me.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by hyroglyph!c
Haha. I don't get why people get offended when guitars are portrayed differently. I just don;t see the point in getting angry with something that won't affect you in any way. I'm sure the people making it AND buuying it know that it's not close to a real guitar nor will they think that they will have the ability to do so. But that's just me.

yes but look at guitar hero. People think they're "guitar gods" because they beat expert mode on guitar hero
sigs are dumb...
Yeah i saw that commercial, i started laughing at how ridiculous it was.

i rewinded it on my DVR to show my non-guitarist friend how ridiculous it was, he said it was pretty cool and that he would actually consider buying it
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
I know what you mean and i agree that people get in and over their heads but when it comes down to it, who actually comes out looking stupid? I'm sure they know that once a real guitar is handed to them they wont know what to do with it, or if they do, they won't play it well, unless of course they actually play the instrument. It's like saying that you're an amazing football thrower because you can throw a nerf football 200 yards. Or saying that you make the best plays ever in Madden 08' so you're good enough to be a coach. Doesn't actually change the sport or art.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
What about "Rock Band"? Other than the guitar-heroish-lame-5-fretted-1-string-controller, I found that the drum thing is kind of like digital-electric drums. As for the Air guitar, go buy a 3cent pick and "Jam" along to your favorite radio stations.
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It would be cool if you could amplify it, and then play a harmony on your actual guitar. Be optimistic for once, Pit.

Agreed! Otherwise, this thing is stupid. I swear I didn't even breathe watching that video.. I can't believe this exists...

Whatever makes money, I guess...
You know, I was reading guitar world, People that are "Experts" at Guitar-shaped controllers can't play guitar, whereas good guitar players can't get past "Medium"
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
oh damn i saw this commericial today. who the fuck would pay 20 dollars for air guitar?
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Just looked at the link. My face was the expression when I saw my first goatse... I don't know which is worse
goatse?
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
this is so rediculous i cant even think of something unecesary to say

bautsecks
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Quote by synpet713192
google it. allow my sig to be a warning.

Just tell me.....i don't want to scarred
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
DAMMIT hyroglyph!c, i havent lost the game in weeks!!!!!

and yea, there are a lot of these dumb things out there. there used to be one similiar for drums, if you recall.
Quote by Kaz3-6-0
Just tell me.....i don't want to scarred

Just google it. You can't be on the internet without encountering it sometime. Maybe you've already seen it?
yea basically anything that has the word guitar in and is shaped like a guitar but doesnt have any strings fails.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by Jacob6293
oh damn i saw this commericial today. who the fuck would pay 20 dollars for air guitar?

And the scary thing is that there are many people who will buy it.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
What... The... ****...

You're paying 20 bucks for air guitar and some bad recordings ?
What scares me, is that I'd have wanted it 10 years ago :| .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2