My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
personally i thinks the jackson is the nicest lookin one but i know nothing about its playability compared to the others
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
The Jackson and the Dean dont have Active pickups. The EM2's pickups are a shotty copy of an EMG with a "passive" feature, which doesnt work well at all. The Futura has an Active EMG 81/85 combo, so it's good. However, it is Epiphone quality, which isn't bad, but it's not great.

So if I had to deffinately pick one out of those four, I'd say the Futura. But personally, I'd save up about $200 more and get a nice ESP/LTD or a Schecter.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jun 21, 2008,
the first guitar has epiphone stock pickups, which i have no idea what they sound like. the second one has an emg 81, and an 85. my guitar has those, it sounds pretty darn good. ive heard that dean vendettas suck from alot of people, but ive never played one. the fourth one has duncans, but theyre duncan designed, basically seymours crap.

in my opinion, go with the futura
Quote by Colton165

well honestly i would go for a Gibson over an epiphone but if thats what you want then i think the most comfortable one to play would be the EM2 but thats if you play more sitting down rather than standing up
umm look wise i am more partial to the explorer but thats just me

honestly they are all nice guitars and i love jackson they are one of my favorites but i just don't really like that body style
Quote by sexothemonkee
well honestly i would go for a Gibson over an epiphone but if thats what you want then i think the most comfortable one to play would be the EM2 but thats if you play more sitting down rather than standing up
umm look wise i am more partial to the explorer but thats just me

honestly they are all nice guitars and i love jackson they are one of my favorites but i just don't really like that body style

I want a floyd, and not many gibsons have those, much less no gibsons are under $600
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
For the price and features, those two Epiphones completely rape the other ones.

I've never seen those guitars before, but wow, an OFR for $400!?! Even for $650, the other one is great, you don't see many guitars with an OFR for that cheap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by assparade69
**** them all, get an ibanez

*sigh*
Obvious troll is obvious.

Anywho, I'd go with the second one. It's got the pickups you want, and the trem.

I'm not a fan of how it looks, though..meh.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA