I play surf, blues and rock. Which one do you think would have a better tone for these, and are they both good for gigs?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Deluxe Reverb, no competition for surf, it's the best for that genre, but for anything with overdrive (usually blues and rock have this) the deluxe reverb won't handle as well as the Blues Deluxe.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Nothing past $900, rock= Hendrix, Cream, Weezer, nothing really past the 80s.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Except for Weezer, and some grunge bands.
Quote by chip46
Well, I could buy an overdrive pedal if I had to, but I have a Ds-1, which could boost tube overdrive, with it's decent blues tone.
Quote by chip46
Virginia, what do you mean edit button?
Quote by chip46
There's no used amps at Guitar Center, any other good stores?
Gotcha.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jun 21, 2008,
bottom right there is an Edit button. You can use that to go back into one of your posts in tread to Edit/Change/Modify/fix typos etc. I use it all the time. Try it to practice.

It's late, but you'll get some answers.

Edit: anyone have any personal experiences with these two amp?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 21, 2008,
Look at the bottom of your post where it says edit:
then edit your post.

If not gc, try samash, as well as craigslist for used.

Edit: beat me to it
ehay.com took me to a site that sells hay. And I don't want to use classifieds. There was nothing in the classifieds anyway.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jun 21, 2008,
I'm considering the Hot Rod deluxe.
Quote by chip46
Oh. Do you guys thing the Hot Rod Deluxe would be good for surf?
Quote by chip46
i love my hot rod get it

i would advise going used if you can get a hotrod from the 90's they are better quality (new ones are made in mexico you can tell the difference between my american and my friends mexican)

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I think I'll buy the Blues Deluxe, but I'll test the Hot Rod too, and see which I like more. Thanks guys. I'm gettin' off, thanks to everyone.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Iceman 420
I think he means eBay.

Sorry Lespaul#1 - that was a joke. Yes, eBay.

Notice I didn't Edit that one. 'They sell Hay' ...Man that is funny. Didn't know that. i guess I'll be more carefull next time.

And yes the HRD is a great amp....almost got one myself. Loud as snot.

Didn't have enough natural overdrive or 'tube break up' for Rock or Metal for me tho.

Good luck and let us know. And if you get a chance go back to Electric Guitar and delete your other thread 'cause according to the Rules, you're not supposed to have 2 threads on the same topic.

OOoops, I forgot to tell you that, but I don't think anyone will care 'cause you didn't do it on purpose and I certainly don't care.
Quote by lespaul#1
Nothing past $900, rock= Hendrix, Cream, Weezer, nothing really past the 80s.

I love Fender amps, but you're not likely to get these bands or grunge out of them very effectively. The Reverb series are awesome for surf and cleans, and you can get some good sounds out of them with an OD pedal, but there are better amps to start out with.

Your budget? I'd be looking at Rivera combos, Traynor YCV's, a second hand Mesa F50, Marshall JCM800, or Vox AC30, the Peavey Classics or Delta Blues.

Really, there are a lot of amps that would be better than a Fender.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ok.
Quote by chip46
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Big +1 to Slats' idea. I was just going to suggest a Traynor.

My thoughts exactly, the only difference being I was going to suggest a Delta Blues.
I have a distortion pedal for rock, it makes my crappy little amp sound good. I want a surf and blues tone, so I'm going for a Fender Super Reverb.
Quote by chip46
If you have the budget to afford the deluxe reverb, get it. if not, get the blues or hot rid deluxe.
the deluxe reverb has that perfect elusive reverb sound that you need for surf, the Hot rod and blues deluxe have great reverb, but its not the same.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.