So I was wondering.. I know this isn't "ultimate-violin.com" but are there any violin players out there that could tell me whether or not this is a good violin? http://www.stringworks.com/mall/violinmaestro.asp
I need to get a hold of a good quality violin and someone said this would be a good choice but I'm not sure. If no one has an answer, do any of you know of a place I could go to ask this? I figured I would post here because I know there are some people here that play other instruments and since I'm already registered to this site...
Ask rabidguitarist. He's the only violinist on UG that I know of.

Or search StringWorks Maestro violin on youtube, and see if you can get a video review.
for 900 bucks it better be nice, lolol

but thats just what it think, honestly i dont know anything about them sorry
Yea it looks like the one my brother has that he got for about a grand. Mine isn't as good as his but i've used it a couple times and it's pretty good.
Well I wouldn't buy it from the internet because you can't compare it. And violins are worse in this case than guitars..... you have bad violins for the same price as a good one.

If you want a good one, try to get a hold on a 2nd handed (try it of course) or a european violin (try it as well).

PS: I play the violin for 8 years now
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Ask rabidguitarist.
He knows his violin sh*t.
Nice fellow, too.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Don't buy a violin off the internet.

You will need to try them out first, see which you are most comfortable with and which you can get a better sound out of.

Not to mention the gamble of whether something from the internet is badly manufactured or not.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I played violin 9 years ago for a year but I don't remember anything. I wouldn't buy an instrument that I didn't know anything about off of the internet.