i really want a metalcore sound like all that remains, lamb of god, between the buried and me stuff

my setup is a esp ltd kh-202 and a randall rg50tc and a metal muff

even with these i cant get the heaviness i want ive monkeyed all around with the settings and still cant

so my question is wil emg's get me to the sound i want?
Quote by rrhoads47
i really want a metalcore sound like all that remains, lamb of god, between the buried and me stuff

my setup is a esp ltd kh-202 and a randall rg50tc and a metal muff

even with these i cant get the heaviness i want ive monkeyed all around with the settings and still cant

so my question is wil emg's get me to the sound i want?

well emg make very heavy sounds and the randall also helps a lot it may also be how you play though i mean the chords and scales and also what octave you play in can vary your metalcore sound
i don't think pickups are going to get you where you want. they'll make a little different but they won't completely change your sound. what really gets the metalcore sound is the tuning and the tunings they play.
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
im in d standard like all that remains but i still cant get that heavy, my problem really isnt tone or anything its jsut that i cant get that crunch
d stnadard/ drop C, plus very heavy distortion, ver bright cleans, get a nice distrotion pedal, set your bass to about 6 or 7, mid to 4 or 5, and you treble to 9 or 10, thats on the clean channel then put on distortion or OD, maybe a metalzone pedal
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
what's exactly what you need?

saying you need a "metalcore" is really vague.

do you want a thicker sound? more chunk in your palm mute? more sustain?

what settings have you used?
more chunk like i have a master of puppets sound right now but i want an alaska or six sound
Quote by rrhoads47
more chunk like i have a master of puppets sound right now but i want an alaska or six sound

oh then turn down the bass and turn up the mid metallicas sound is all in the bass so if you dont like that turn that down
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
lol srry i psot my setting for my metalcore thrash sound lol probally should have said that
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
ive tried all types of settings im really close to the chug sound and i was wondering if emgs will give me the added boost
Quote by Metallica rulz
Bridge pickups are a must in metalcore... in fact just break the knob off cause you will never need it.

unless you want to do a tom morello esque on/off riff then its the cheapest kill switch on earth
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724