roland. ive heard nothing but good things about the cube, but i hear a lot of complaints about the line 6.
psychedelic.
Quote by Hella_Br00tal
he chose the guitar he wants but he needs an amp. i recommended an roland cube.. here's a link for it. http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCUBE15X

but his other friend told him to get a line 6 spider III http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII15

What do you think he should get UG?

i would go with the line 6 spider lll
its more versatile and allows a little more freedom to express yourself as a beginner
personally, i think the line 6 is better than the roland because i have 2 friends, one owns one, the other owns the other, they have generally the same guitar, and the line 6 has more of a variety without sounding terrible.
No Spider III allowed here.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
yeah, all of ug hates the spider, and for a good reason. as far as what you can do with it its good, but the tone itself is absolutely TERRIBLE. its too digital and fake. go with a cube or a vox for a modeling amp.
I have a cube, and it is terrible. I don't know why people here like it at all. The cube is digital sounding like the user above me said about the spider. I wish I had not gotten the cube now.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Um, I own a Spider III 150 and have done several gigs...I just want to kno whow many of you have auctually spent time with a Spider III....My whole band uses it and we have had no problems. The sound is amazing for metal, grindcore, rock, blues, anything. My other guitarist had a cube 60 for warmups...it lost its tone within a year. He pawned it. So yes go for the Spider III.
You guys need to remember that this guy only just started playing.
The Spider, because of this reason, could be a good little practice amp. But because you suggested the Roland cube, well.. I'll have to go with that. The spiders alright for beginners, but the cube ****s all over it.

Quote by GNR_metalhead14
Um, I own a Spider III 150 and have done several gigs...I just want to kno whow many of you have auctually spent time with a Spider III....My whole band uses it and we have had no problems. The sound is amazing for metal, grindcore, rock, blues, anything. My other guitarist had a cube 60 for warmups...it lost its tone within a year. He pawned it. So yes go for the Spider III.

I like the way how you act as if the Spider is the be all end all amp, yet your custom user title is 'UG newbie.'
Signatures are overrated.
The spider, mainly because it doesn't have good tone, but good distortion. And it doesnt matter, hes just a beginner.

AND it has more resell value, and it has a lot more things to play around with in my opinion. Youve got to remember he may not even stick with it.