http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380038386774&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=025

Yep. That's a thousand dollars off retail. My Carvin's input jack broke, and personally, I thought this item was a better investment then paying for a repair that'll end up costing me at least 25% of the total amp's price (and that won't include some changes I wanted to make on it).

I found a buyer for my Carvin in the state it's in, which is good. It works 100% perfectly, just the passive input jack is broken. It had a great tone, but let's be honest here - it's a far cry from the beast of an amp that I just bought.

I just might get a new 15" speaker for my cab, depending on how it goes. However, I thought I would share. Any input would be welcomed.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
*hates fitz for his money*

*hates fitz for his deal finding ability*

Seriously man, thats a helluva deal. Did you spend any considerable time with it before, or is this based of other SWR stuff?

EDIT: So much for getting the Eden huh? Or is that on your to-do list? Cause you know, this head IS more expensive than a WT-800.
Last edited by IndianRockStar at Jun 22, 2008,
Based off of playtime with the SM-400 I believe. It has the same front-end. Also, my Fender Bassman was quite SWRish.

I grouped this head with the SVT4PRO/BX1200/WT800 in terms of features, EQs, and power amp setups. All are dual power amped with comprehensive EQs. Personally though, I find the SWR and Eden the most similar out of the group, but the fact of the matter is that WT800s and SM-900s don't come up too terribly often on eBay (or at all used), and Edens are simply nowhere near that price level. Yeah, if I were to buy it new, the Eden would be a spot cheaper, but used? I just can't understand this deal. I could get an SVT4PRO at that price but don't like the EQ as much as the SWR, and the tubeless Carvin wouldn't be "a deal" per se.

And check the pics. SWR emblem instead of painted decal. Methinks it's pre-Fender.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
good job fitz! you've finally beat me in awesome price-finding. Let us know how the amp works out when you get it!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Wow very nice! I played through some SWRs when I was looking for a new amp and they sounded great.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah, I can't wait. However, I noticed a feature that SWR made rather deliberately that other amp manufacturers didn't - there's no dual mono. There's stereo with crossover, and there's mono-bridge (at least that's what I understood from the manual). I can totally understand how SWR saw dual mono as redundant, but with my Carvin I found that stereo wasn't as warm as dual mono (which wasn't as clear as stereo). However, I'm sure the SWR crossover works in such a way that it doesn't lose as much warmth as my 20-year old Carvin head did.

I have 2 4-ohm cabs, and the head runs 900W into 4 ohms. I couldn't use both cabs in mono-bridge in any meaningful way, but I can use one cab and keep the volume low on small-ish gigs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Just an update - I figured out that the amp DOES have "dual mono" configs, but it's called "stereo" (with 2 independant volumes). What most call "stereo" they call "bi-amp", and all you do is connect the bi-amp outs on the back to the effects loop returns. Simple! Sweet!

I'll probably run it in stereo (i.e. dual mono) though - but the independant cab volumes is awesome.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
pretty...

you know fitz, you're my bestest friend...

Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom