Shopping around for a new geeetar and I came accross this one at my local and only music store. Ive heard so much good about b.c rich thats what I started to look for. The 2 b.c rich guitars they had which were in my price range were the V and the virgo. I found the V a bit awkward but I really liked the virgo on my first impression. How would this thing fair for ALOT of 80s thrash metal and a bit of bluesy and grunge stuff? What is a tune o matic bridge? Does it have a whammy? Thanks all.

p:s im not lookin for other guitar suggestions just opinions on this 1, thanks again
OKAY i hope im the first to help, the b.c rich virgo? hm from what i know it has stock pickups, not very good, sorry to say this, but i've NEVER heard anything good from b.c rich. a tune o matic bridge is the bridge system that would be found on a les paul, having said that no, it has no whammy, thats what would be on a fender stratocaster. It WONT be helpfull on bluesy, grungy, or thrash, unless you swap out the pickups.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Ok, so I'm gonna say you don't know way too much about electric guitars.

The B.C. Rich is good for a first guitar. It's not great by any means at all, but it's decent.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about this guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Celtic-Virgo-Electric-Guitar-512680-i1397241.gc

It would be fine with thrash metal. Blues, not so much. But grunge, yes.

It does not have a tremolo (whammy). It's got a Tune O Matic, which makes it a sturdy guitar. I wouldn't recommend you getting a guitar with a tremolo for your first guitar.

All in all, it's good for the first guitar, and once you find yourself ready for a better one, ask us. By then you should know alot more about the particulars so you would be able to pretty much find the guitar made especially for you.

I personally started out on a B.C. Rich, then moved to a Schecter, then a Jackson, but I still love Schecter, and I changed the Pickups in my B.C. Rich, and I still play it as much as the others.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Jun 21, 2008,
Well its really a second guitar, ive been playing 6 months (im 14 years old) and im upgrading a from a fender strat look alike. From what ive heard it should be okay and when i finally get a job ill get a strat for the blues, I just want the thrash covered for now
Personally, I wouldn't buy a $400 guitar just to play a different style of music. If you want something very versitile that can play almost anything, just go ahead and get an HSS strat.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

The humbucker will make any style possible for you.

The main thing you need to realize is that it's your amp that gives you your sound and tone, not the guitar. You can play a $75 guitar into a good amp and have a good sound, and you can plug a $4000 guitar into a crap amp and get the worst sound ever.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Thats really true, I should probably mention im getting a 15 watt vox valetronix amp to go with this guitar
That's not a bad amp, but it's not going to get you anywhere near thrash. Hard rock at most. It might pull a Steve Vai sound, but that's about as heavy as it'll get.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Hmm sounded pretty heavy in the store. Might look around at some different ones though, thanks very much for the help
No problem.

If you need any advice on anything else you can PM me.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment