Page 1 of 6
Boston's got a huge hardcore/metalcore scene.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
its the underground hardcore scene ova her in Stockbridge, GA.

the best band is A thousand times repent. check them out!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
A few funk bands who are really good.
Mostly hardcore. some are pretty good, but a lot suck.
We have this guy called 'Hardcore Warrior' who goes up and plays guitar and sings over electronic drums. He's mentally challenged, but he's really involved in the scene and always supports local bands so all the clubs let him and everyone cheers, which is pretty nice i think.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by alex_haeni
A few funk bands who are really good.
Mostly hardcore. some are pretty good, but a lot suck.
We have this guy called 'Hardcore Warrior' who goes up and plays guitar and sings over electronic drums. He's mentally challenged, but he's really involved in the scene and always supports local bands so all the clubs let him and everyone cheers, which is pretty nice i think.

That's pretty cool

Mentally challenged in what way, if you don't mind me asking?
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
In my town, country. There aren't any bands aside from mine and a couple classic rock cover bands. Everyone listens to country basically. I hate it.

We keep the METAL alive, though.
All your base are belong to us.
too many ****ing pop punk bands around here.
i don't go to any local band shows.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
The rock scene here is mostly absent. We've got one venue here and they are thinking about closing the open mic, or auditions for local bands to get in and play for other artists. You only get to see the scene if you're in a band and that's about it.
Here, there seems to be an overgrowth of mediocre Christian screamo bands.
ughhh
But theres some good death metal and grindcore around here.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
We have a pretty large scene music(screamo/emo/etc) scene, and a pretty large and decent metal scene. Some of the metal bands are very good, and play with Hatebreed, and have sponsorships. Then there's my genre, which is pretty much deserted.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Gunpowder
That's pretty cool

Mentally challenged in what way, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not too sure honestly.
it's not terribly, because i've been to his shows and talked to him after, and he talks quite coherently.
I think he has some form of autism as well as a disability that caused his brain not t fully developed, thats what I remember hearing.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Basically, it's all that screaming crap. Y'know, mostly emo then rap.

It's so goddamn hard to start a metal band around here.
Pittsburgh's music scene is mostly rock and hard rock.

Probably the biggest local band are The Clarks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxOag6phqs&feature=related

that is their trademark song but they have many others that are really good.

I literally just got back from one of their shows too and during this song its basically law that you have to lite a cig and either smoke it or hold it in the air like a lighter.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Last edited by angus is god at Jun 22, 2008,
It's pretty weird where I'm from, most bands sing over video game sound effects, I don't know what they call it, but other than that there's a few folk bands and metal bands, music scene isn't very big, and there are little to no drummers which sucks.
ugh it's 100% ska down here where I live. I don't like ska...

Makes it INCREDIBLY difficult for certain alternative or progressive bands to become any popular...

my town has nothing. the city nearest to me has nothing. the second nearest city has a terrible hardcore seen. my college has a terrible jam band scene.

i guess that there are a few decent bands in the area, but nothing stands out to me.
Quote by wtbskill91
It's pretty weird where I'm from, most bands sing over video game sound effects, I don't know what they call it, but other than that there's a few folk bands and metal bands, music scene isn't very big, and there are little to no drummers which sucks.

yea! there is a band here called heartcakeparty. they do that. its funny! they are good. they get a crowd goin.

then there is the strife. one guy and his ipod! plugs it in to the p.a. and sings. got kicked off stage for singin nice shoes, wanna ****.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by alex_haeni
I'm not too sure honestly.
it's not terribly, because i've been to his shows and talked to him after, and he talks quite coherently.
I think he has some form of autism as well as a disability that caused his brain not t fully developed, thats what I remember hearing.

Ah.

My keyboardist has a very mild case of autism. He's the only one in the band that's any good at figuring out melodies by ear.

But I digress.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
I've only been a part of the philadelphia scene for about a month, so I can't really say too much.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I am the local music scene.

Maybe that's a bit exaggerated, since I'm not enough to comprise a scene. My point is that it's pretty bland.

There's a town forty miles away that has a bluegrass/country band. That's the closest "scene" that I'm aware of.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jun 22, 2008,
It's mostly Hardcore (There are a few I like) with a few Metal bands thrown in. At least in the venues I go to....We probably have a lot of Rock and Country groups out there though.....there's also a Punk group I like around here.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I live in a college town, so there is a good amount of diversity in the bands. My friends are in a very good metal band. There is a punk/progressive band called Random Orbits that goes to the college. The Screaming Trees went to my High School, and Mark Pickerell is from here, and he has his own side project.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Music scene here is pretty much dead to be honest. Mostly teenage country singers with occasional metalcore band here and there, neither of which i care for in the least. Guess it's to be expected, there are almost no venues around here anyway. Thankfully we have a band or two that is laughably bad, so thats entertainment...

The lexington and richmond areas seem to have much more potential though so hopefully i'll be able to get involved in the music scene a bit more there.
Pretty much...non-existant. In my little town there are maybe 3 bands that play gigs.
My area is mostly metal and other forms of metal and a lot of punk stuff. One of my favorite bands from around here was Five Star Fracture, but they broke up a while back.
Here in Omaha/Papillion, Nebraska, we have a very large and young hardcore/metal scene. We also have a bunch of great alt. rock and indie. We're trying to get our local scene more known, and we're doing a lot to make it better.

Here are two band that I think it will make it pretty far.

www.myspace.com/bylethne

www.myspace.com/hotfromfar

Those two are some of the best of the local scene here, IMO.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
A ton of teenagers who cannot play.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
oh and i forgot to mention Dingus is from here if anyones heard of them.
I'll be honest. Australian music scene is literally non existant unless you come from Sydney or Melbourne. OR if you fluke it like The Grates (From brisbane) did. The Sunshine Coast has some pretty terrible bands. All that fake Emo crap that every generic person likes. But, some john butler style stuff and some acoustic stuff that is impressive is coming out of the woodwork (pardon the pun). let's just say I don't go to too many shows.
I've almost finished.