what are the advantages/disadvantages to having a fretless guitar

like could i still playh it the same as a fretted one? what are the fundamental (other than not having frets) differences between the two

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

fretless are a little harder to play the frets are there to keep a crisp sound at that point but with a fretless guitar its a little harder to get that crisp sound
but personally the look of the frettless looks a little cooler since not many people play fretless guitars
well instead of playing in the middle of the fret you actually have to play where the fret wire would be

im pretty sure at least

might be a little hard to get used to IMO
As a former owner of a fretless guitar I will tell you. Chords are useless to try, You will be sitting there working forever to make it even sound SOMEWHAT in tune. The notes by themselfs are pretty easy to get modertly accurate (and yes you play where the fret would be) Until you get up to the 14th or 15th fret, then all of a sudden being able to hit that note is really hard. Usually you have to drop tunning on them to, because the string tension gets much more noticable.
u have to be really really good with a guitar neck, adjust to fretting right where the wire would be, and it would make slides so much smoother. its def a classy move.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I took the frets out of one my crappy guitars and it's a bit different.You get a lot less of sustain unless you use a slide,otherwise you gotta buy one of those expensive ones that have a glass or metal fretboard.Chords are hard to play in tune in standard tuning.So I just use a slide and put it in an open tuning.You don't get any fret noise which is a nice thing though.
It plays quite differently, you aren't going to be able to do a lot of things simply because some guitar techniques are dependent on the frets. On the other hand you can also do things that you wouldn't be able to do because the frets wouldn't allow it (like more violinist sort of vibratos).