I am planning to pick up a set of string when my speaker comes in (can't believe they ran out of Texas heat...). I need 9/11/16/24/32/42. It will be either general purpose, or metal-based fusion. Which brand of string should I buy, and which set? (I only know how to buy acoustic strings)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
D'Addarios have 9-42s i think. Not sure about the middle strings. I htink they are the orange ones or yellow. Not too sure. Get them. I've never tried them but i hear Elixir (i think) are really good strings.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
go for some Ernie Ball strings. Get the pink pack, it's what I use all the time. Great strings, never had one break. (You are talking about electric strings right?)
Quote by Chance125
go for some Ernie Ball strings. Get the pink pack, it's what I use all the time. Great strings, never had one break. (You are talking about electric strings right?)

Not to be a dick, but just because a string doesn't break, doesn't mean they are great. Strings should be changed every 3 months or so if played regularly. Good strings last a decent amount of time without losing their tone. I would suggest getting a pack of different brands and testing them out.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I didn't mean I never change them. I change mine every month! I just meant that I have never had one spontaneously break on me like I have with others. They have good tone, and feel great to me. That's just my input.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
I didn't mean I never change them. I change mine every month! I just meant that I have never had one spontaneously break on me like I have with others. They have good tone, and feel great to me. That's just my input.

Oh okay. Sorry. I use Power Slinkys. Not bad but i want to try out a pack of Elixirs
Quote by atr5557
What is DR? Anyway, I think Ibanez use D'Addarios, right?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
DR strings you've never heard of? A lot of bands use DR. Pantera, children of bodom, killswitch engage, i can name tons others. I used to use daddarios until i discovered dr's now thats all i use. When you notice a huge difference in strings then you know they are good.