So, I happened to come across a movie trailer through Stumble Upon on apple.com, and I found this movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/religulous/trailer_medium.html

I think it looks REALLY good. I love Bill Maher, and I really think this is going to be a good documentary.

And, of course, have its fair share of controversy.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
bill maher's an idiot. and i still watch his show religiously (no pun intended). he's such a snobby elitist scumbag.

i shan't be seeing it. if it was made by someone a little more reputable then maybe. but it'd just be a waste of my money. i'm not really biased though ... i refused to see expelled for the same reason. except ben stein's a little more down to earth than maher.
#DTWD
Not a big Maher fan, he's just so high and might all the time. If it was Dennis Miller, maybe.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Eh, I dont really like Bill Maher, but i may may go see it
and what is expelled primusfan?
though i may just wiki it in a few moments
dude i'm a christian and i LOL'd when that lady was like "im gonna go in the rapture an com bak ona white horse" poor lady doesnt even know her own religion (the tribulation comes BEFORE the rapture)

but seriously he's picking the dumbest people he can find and making christians look bad (which is'nt that hard just look at the average christian lol)

:Beware wall of text i posted on diffrent thread ahead:

I beleive in God and I'm a christian but I HATE the vast majority of "christians"

I beleive a large part of the religion has been corrupted by the catholic church and the governments of the world.

For example lets take Christmas most "christian" familys put up a christmas tree in their house to celebrate the birth of Christ.

But did you know that the "Christmas tree" is actually an ancient Germanic pagan tradition where they (the pagans) would cut down a tree bring it into their house and decorate it and then praise the sun or the moon or whatever pagans worship (no offense to any pagans on the board)

so why is the Christmas tree in a supposedly christian holiday? They tried to corrupt the religion of course

and if you picture Jesus as the this http://www.guadalupe.opoka.org.pl/p...sus-face-29.jpg

you are wrong

That is actully painted after Cesare Borgia

Cesare Borgia was actually an evil man who had sex with his own sister and killed many people

heres a picture of him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Borgia

Look familiar?
beleive in God and I'm a christian but I HATE the vast majority of "christians"

that's not good.
#DTWD
Quote by riffermadness25
dude i'm a christian and i LOL'd when that lady was like "im gonna go in the rapture an com bak ona white horse" poor lady doesnt even know her own religion (the tribulation comes BEFORE the rapture

hey buddy, uh
the rapture isnt real, its not in the bible
at all
so
epic fail
Quote by primusfan
that's not good.

sorry hehe i didnt mean hate but unfortunatley the vast majority know almost nothing of the bible thay just listen to what the churches tell them even if it go's against the bible
Quote by gnpwdrtreason
hey buddy, uh
the rapture isnt real, its not in the bible
at all
so
epic fail

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

ok so im not seeing how that relates to the idea that all good Christians will rise
the meaning that im seeing(and yes, its open to interpretation i don't claim to be infallible) is that when the end of existence comes, then we will all be one with everything.

And God said unto Abraham "you shall slay Issac unto me"
and Abraham said "Wait sorry speak directly into the microphone"
And God said "check check, jimmy i still have some hiss back here"

good thing im jewish
Sounds like an arrogant douche. He probably only interviews the dumbest people around and then finds the one that slips up and will then tell us "THIS IS THE BELIEF OF ALL CHRISTIANS EVER!".
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I watched that trailer the other day, and I thought it looked pretty good.

*Shrugs*
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by riffermadness25
For example lets take Christmas most "christian" familys put up a christmas tree in their house to celebrate the birth of Christ.

But did you know that the "Christmas tree" is actually an ancient Germanic pagan tradition where they (the pagans) would cut down a tree bring it into their house and decorate it and then praise the sun or the moon or whatever pagans worship (no offense to any pagans on the board)

Hopefully, the vast majority of us are well-aware that Christmas was stolen from the Pagans, and has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus wasn't born in December. Did YOU know that?

Quote by clincher09
Sounds like an arrogant douche. He probably only interviews the dumbest people around and then finds the one that slips up and will then tell us "THIS IS THE BELIEF OF ALL CHRISTIANS EVER!".

The problem with that is that I've met a lot of people who act the same way as the "dumbest people around" that he interviews. When I was visiting a friend in Louisiana several years ago, I went to church with her family, and it was pretty crazy (although not as crazy as the people who dance in this film and Borat, but you know what I'm getting at).
Quote by clincher09

Nah, I don't think he'll do that. Sure, Maher does have a pretty douche attitude towards a lof of things, but he at least backs up his issues with valid reasons, instead of the usual "Just because" attitude".

He's like a serious Maddox, IMO.

But, yes, he will point out the more ignorant Christians, because he has a beef with them, at least.

We'll just have to see how it all plays out when it opens, I guess.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Meh. Looks alright. I'm an Atheist, but I don't have a problem with religious people if believing in a higher power makes them a happier, better person.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Not playing in any of my local theares, although on the TV it says that it is playing in all theatres...lies lies lies .

I really want to see this.
High as tits
actually i really like bill maher and kind of thought he dumbed this down

for a guy as smart as maher is this movie, didnt deliver, there was definite;ly stuff i liked about it, but yeah maher came across as a douche bag throughout the whole thing, but i think it kind of is part of his appeal

would have been better if David Cross made it
Quote by primusfan
bill maher's an idiot. and i still watch his show religiously (no pun intended). he's such a snobby elitist scumbag.

i shan't be seeing it. if it was made by someone a little more reputable then maybe. but it'd just be a waste of my money. i'm not really biased though ... i refused to see expelled for the same reason. except ben stein's a little more down to earth than maher.

This.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I've seen it twice, really good actually.

All Religious people will say that he edited it in his own favor, which is true. I mean Michael Moore does it.

I found it very funny. He doesn't necessarily bash religion but just questions it and the followers of each religion.

I myself am anti-religious so I loved it and would go see it again.

Keep in mind, you can't edit words into peoples mouths.
I am a Christian and I want to see this. I just hope that it is actually funny. I'd be really angry if it was just essentially: "Ok, so you believe in god? HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's funny! I'm laughing at you for not sharing my beliefs"
But some good jokes about religion, I really couldn't care any less about. I loved when George Carlin made fun of religion, because it was actually funny. Especially when he said that he worships the sun and prays to Joe Pesci. I love that bit.