so im looking to buy a new bass. i have up to about $1000 to spend. im an intermediate player, im looking for a 5-string. do you guys have any suggestions?
what sort of music do u play?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
OH forgot that.
im mostly going to be playing at my church, so some low end would be nice, thats why im going for a 5-string.
check out some Ibanez basses, really really deep low tone. great value for money as well.
The Fender J24 V is a great suggestion. Also look into Ibanez SR705, Schecter Stiletto, Lakland Skyline 55-01 and Yamaha TBR1005. If you go used you could get a Fender MIA P or J, a Warwick Corvette or a MusicMan Stingray. All this is assuming you have a decent amp.
you could buy smb's Ashdown :P

click on the link
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie

I have to say I love the look of that in black
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
yeah, it did look really nice in black.
but im trying to stay away from fenders, i think they're kinda lame.
and ive had 2 ibanez in the past, so im looking to move away from them too
Ibanez is definitley the way to go in my opinion.
I would recommend the Ibanez SRX655 for a really smooth, fast neck and musicman style pickups

or a Ibanez SR305FM for a more traiditional feel, with a fairly fast neck.

I think both of them have active pickups. If you can spend the extra cash, buy the SRX655. its amazing.