So, recently I have been wanting to learn some songs that are at an intermidiate level, so I looked at some stuff, but some that I want to learn are in CADG tuning. So I tune my bass to that, but the "C" is to wobbly, and makes a loud boomy sound...Do I need to buy bigger strings? Right now I have Ernie ball Slinkies I think.

Thanks
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
use 130 gauge strings for the bottom C. generally thicker strings will do the trick.
I find it very odd that people have this trouble. I have a riff that I tune my E string down to a low B for on a 34" scale bass with a .105 gauge E string and it sounds fine. It's not floppy at all nor wobbly. If you are having trouble, try upping the gauge of you string to .110 maybe .115 if you can find one.
Thats odd, I use 105 gauge rotosounds, I can go all the way down to drop B simply, its a bit buzzy on teh frets but nothing I can't fix with a bit of work, are you sure you are tuned to C properly?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There's no need to get anything as thick as a .130 A heavier gauge low E string would do the trick just nicely. I'd highly recommend adjusting your intonation after fitting it as well though.

I find thicker strings give a better tone when its tuned that low.
DR makes 50-70-90-110. Great for downing tuning. If that's not enough, GHS makes a 55-75-95-115 set.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Thicker strings will sound better and play better (slightly) according to the physics of the string. This may or may not really truly matter when it comes down to it though, never tried.
The guage on my E string is either .100, or .105
I have a Squire P Bass if that matters

So should I get 50-70-90-110? And will I have to change anything on my bass?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you change your string gauges, you'll need to set your bass up to have proper intonation, relief and desired action.

Uhh....will the store do that? If so how much would that cost?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay