are there any companies out there that could press small amounts of 12" LPs? I would like to release my album on vinyl too, but would it be practical? what are the going rates?
I can tell you now, it will not be practical, even without knowing exact prices. By the time it is all said and done, you'd have to sell a relatively large ammount to break even.
It depends. For small amounts, vinyl is far too expensive to press, and you'll probably lose money. It costs a lot more than CD's to manufacture, so I'd recommend only doing so if you expect to move fairly high volumes. (As MrPillow said, basically)
There is poetry in despair.
Also, vinyls have a completely different mastering process, so you need a separate vinyl master.

If it is too loud or the bass is in stereo, then the needle will not stay in the groove. Therefore a modern master with everything squashed to within an inch of its life and pumped to the max will fail. The bass is a relatively easy fix, though. The mastering engineer (or whoever has the tools) will send all frequencies below 150Hz to an MS matrix or some form of stereo image device/plug-in and make sure it is all in the middle of the image.