does anyone know where i can do some work experience in a music shop?

i want to work somewhere like billy hyde or something but i dont have much musical knowledge

i play piano, saxaphone and bass guitar so i have a little musical knowledge but not heaps

also it has to be located in melbourne

thanks

EDIT: im turning 15 soon so this will be my first job
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Last edited by sonsie at Jun 22, 2008,
It's just retail. You approach a customer, ask them what they are interested in, pitch a product, sell a product. Of course you have to know what you're selling, but the only way to get experience selling at a music store is to... sell at a music store...

Apply. Get job. If not. Reapply or apply at other music shops. Get job. If not, keep applying.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
because i love music and i play plenty of music but its just that you know...i dont have much musical knowledge, like i have some but comapared to like a guy who works in a music shop full time...not much
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by ttreat31
If you have little musical knowledge, why?

Possibly so that he might gain it?
I did work experience in a music shop in Sydney, they just had me clean all the guitars daily, and do pretty much all the repairs and string guitars for people..
I asked Billy Hyde but they turned me down, you'd probably be better off asking a little ma' and pa' sorta music shop for work experience
HI
know any specific names because that would be great?

and what store did you work at?
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by StratPat
I did work experience in a music shop in Sydney, they just had me clean all the guitars daily, and do pretty much all the repairs and string guitars for people..
I asked Billy Hyde but they turned me down, you'd probably be better off asking a little ma' and pa' sorta music shop for work experience

Would that happen to be the Parramatta store?
You are 15, they aren't going to put you on the floor. You will be in the back cleaning guitars or doing inventory and ****.

Most adults won't even listen to a 15 year olds opinion on guitars and such, even if they are right.
i dont really care as long as i work at one besides cleaning guitars and doing inventory **** is better than other work experience jobs
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all