This fairly dissapoints me. For Ibanez summer line, they released another xiphos. But in a 6 string version with string-thru body and tune-o-matic bridge.
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700FX
Kind of aggravating seeing as most Xiphos lovers were wanting another 7 version, but with a trem, and a cooler colour like Chameleon Red. This was one of my dreams.
. Thoughts?
Actually I find that completely awesome considering the EDGE III was the worst thing about that guitar...
Quote by bowen
This fairly dissapoints me. For Ibanez summer line, they released another xiphos. But in a 6 string version with string-thru body and tune-o-matic bridge.
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700FX
Kind of aggravating seeing as most Xiphos lovers were wanting another 7 version, but with a trem, and a cooler colour like Chameleon Red. This was one of my dreams.
. Thoughts?

I remember seeing a 7string xiphos somehwere, actually. I cant remember where.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by T!AN
Actually I find that completely awesome considering the EDGE III was the worst thing about that guitar...

Straight up.

My only reserve about getting that guitar was the stupid Edge 3 trem on it...
Yeah, I agree with that. The new bridge is pretty awesome, since it's a 6 string version of the Xiphos 7's bridge. I just think the colour is fugly, and that they should've done something more original or creative.
Wow. The more I think about this, the better it gets.

This guitar should be cheaper than the current one because it doesn't have a trem so it should be at most $600, which puts it a full $250 below Ibanez's only other non-prestige neck through offering the RGT6EXFX. Neck-through, good stock pickups, mahogany body, cool color that isn't straight black (looks kind of close though...)... Well done Ibanez... well done.

I can see this becoming a common recommendation here on UG...
Quote by T!AN
Wow. The more I think about this, the better it gets.

This guitar should be cheaper than the current one because it doesn't have a trem so it should be at most $600, which puts it a full $250 below Ibanez's only other non-prestige neck through offering the RGT6EXFX. Neck-through, good stock pickups, mahogany body, cool color that isn't straight black (looks kind of close though...)... Well done Ibanez... well done.

I can see this becoming a common recommendation here on UG...

The RGT42FX is also another neck through non prestige.
I'm going through Ibanez's new releases and...

The RG770DX looks amazing!!! Specs and aesthetics...

If only I had the money and didn't hate thin necks. Why must you taunt me Ibanez??? Why?!?

EDIT:
Quote by TexasRG
The RGT42FX is also another neck through non prestige.

Ahh your right. That slipped my mind... The Xiphos still has a lot more going for it though.

I have no idea why I'm getting so worked up about guitars I don't even feel comfortable playing, lol...
Last edited by T!AN at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by BGSM
I think it's worse that the SA series have a **** headstock.

It's practically the same as the RG series
Quote by T!AN
I'm going through Ibanez's new releases and...

The RG770DX looks amazing!!! Specs and aesthetics...

If only I had the money and didn't hate thin necks. Why must you taunt me Ibanez??? Why?!?

EDIT:
Ahh your right. That slipped my mind... The Xiphos still has a lot more going for it though.

I have no idea why I'm getting so worked up about guitars I don't even feel comfortable playing, lol...

OMG finally they're moving back to the old style stuff.

FUNKY COLOURS!!!!

hopefully we'll see a return of oddly coloured RGs and maybe a return of the RG550.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
That is actually my favourite Xiphos that I have seen.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
The Xiphos isn't aimed at people that want a high spec guitar. It's aimed at people who want a pointy guitar.
Quote by smb
The Xiphos isn't aimed at people that want a high spec guitar. It's aimed at people who want a pointy guitar.

Ruining people's fun here also I see.
Quote by jigy-i-joe
OMG finally they're moving back to the old style stuff.

FUNKY COLOURS!!!!

hopefully we'll see a return of oddly coloured RGs and maybe a return of the RG550.

They did reissue the RG550.
That's just sweet.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Now that I think of it, I like the options of it, I was just buggin myself with wanting more 7's :P ah well, that day will come some day.