So yeah, I just recently Bought a (Gibson)Les Paul Studio Faded (it's brown)
And Someone on a forum mentioned a (Gibson)Les Paul Vintage mahogany...

The Vintage mahoganys look identical to the studio fadeds, and on GC's website,
The Studio Faded is no longer there, But the vintage mahoganys are the exact same price as the studio fadeds...

So my question is:

Are they the same guitar, but they changed the name/some small details on the studio fadeds?
Quote by Horlicks
Don't think so, Vintage Mahogany's have been out for a while

I did some research...
Yeah... I should return my LP and get the vintage mahogany...
about the same price, But some better things.
They are the same guitars, the official name being Vintage Mahogany, but some just call it Studio Faded.
they are different. the studio faded has a maple top and mahogany back. the vintage mahogany has a mahogany top on a mahogany back. the studio faded will be closer to the gibson les paul sound as compared to the vintage mahogany, which will sound darker due to the absence of the maple top.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by lithium26
they are different. the studio faded has a maple top and mahogany back. the vintage mahogany has a mahogany top on a mahogany back. the studio faded will be closer to the gibson les paul sound as compared to the vintage mahogany, which will sound darker due to the absence of the maple top.

This man is correct.
I think the Studio Faded is a bit better than the Vintage Mahogany since it has a maple top. Keep it, if it plays well and doesn't have any other quality issues.

*edit: D'oh! Thought it was a new thread.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Jun 26, 2008,