Okay, I've been playing for a little over two years. The only effects I've ever owned is a Zoom g1 multi effects. I was planning on upgrading to a Boss ME-50, but the people on here have convinced me to get stompboxes instead in another thread I started. So I'm buying stompboxes, I guess.

Here's what I plan on buying:
-EHX Nano Metal Muff
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss CH-1 Chorus
-Digitech Digidelay
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer

Note: I'd think everyone will have their opinions on these pedals and "what you should get instead" but, I need help with something else. If you wanna tell me to "get this pedal instead of that," please help me too with my actual question..

So, since I am new to stompboxes, well, I have some..questions :
1. what cables/wires do the pedals come with? do they come with those short cables to connect pedal to pedal, or do I have to buy those separately? I already know that they don't come with power supplies (am I right?)
2. If they don't come with those, what do I have to buy? Is it, a bunch of short cables plus some sort of adaptor for multiple effects? what would those be called, if they exist at all?
3. What else do I have to know? because I read about these milliamps (mA) and stuff but I don't understand are there only certain types of power supplies for different brands or what? I don't really know how to state this question, but basically, I just want to be able to keep the number of wires down. I'd like to have each pedal connected to one wire going to one adaptor, like that. How do you guys power your pedals?

Yes, I'm a noob.

So I need all you wonderful people's help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..
Get a pedal board, boss do a nice one and that should help you with most of your questions, and btw i don't really get why your getting 2 dist. pedals.
live in the philippines? i don't know if we have a Nano Metal Muff here. i've been searching for quite some time and i haven't found one store that has it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i wouldnt bother with the EHX, i just bought a boss metal core ml - 2, its the most distorted pedal ive heard, and tis gota sweet high tone for screamign solos as well. but oanswer your question, either get a pedal board like the dude above said, or if your willing t ospend bout £320, buy a boss g -8. i think thats wat its called. its got every boss effect, 5 pedals, 2 effects pedals, a wah pedal a the side as well. its like a pedal box with 5 pedals built in whcih you set up. thats what id recommend. then no wires, only one power supply plug.

but if you wana buy all seperate ones you have to buy lots of little seperate leads, they do not come with the pedal. and you can power all your footswitches by batteries if you wana cut down wires
Quote by phoenixrock
i wouldnt bother with the EHX, i just bought a boss metal core ml - 2, its the most distorted pedal ive heard, and tis gota sweet high tone for screamign solos as well.

i lol'ed.

do not listen to this madness. get the metal muff.
Quote by aaciseric
Get a pedal board, boss do a nice one and that should help you with most of your questions, and btw i don't really get why your getting 2 dist. pedals.

does that boss pedalboard come with power supply for everything?

and, I have two because, the bad monkey is just tubescreamerlike overdrive, for bluesy stuff. Metal muff is for distortion, real distortion.
Quote by leviticus_22953
live in the philippines? i don't know if we have a Nano Metal Muff here. i've been searching for quite some time and i haven't found one store that has it.

JB is the distributer of EHX products..but, my uncle is coming to visit from the states, ima have him buy all my stuff for me
Quote by penguinsarecool

and, I have two because, the bad monkey is just tubescreamerlike overdrive, for bluesy stuff. Metal muff is for distortion, real distortion.

try this: http://www.jbmusic.com.ph/product.php?sessid=&sid=31&pid=703

a bit pricey IMO. or try looking for gator pedal tote pedal board.
Quote by penguinsarecool
JB is the distributer of EHX products..but, my uncle is coming to visit from the states, ima have him buy all my stuff for me

Audiophile carries EHX too. i've only seen big muff pi, small stone and some other EHX pedals from JB but no Metal Muff. it's better to buy stuff from the states, imo. you can get them cheaper there.
Quote by leviticus_22953
Audiophile carries EHX too. i've only seen big muff pi, small stone and some other EHX pedals from JB but no Metal Muff. it's better to buy stuff from the states, imo. you can get them cheaper there.

i know right? it's like, half the price there as it is here. and thanks for the link above, i'll check that out.

Anyone else have any help to give?..
Id deffiantely look into something else for delay and compression.

MXR make great compressors on a budget, as for delay, maybe a boss dd3, marshall echohead, mxr carbon copy, EHX memory man.

If youre going for a pedal board, dont bother with a powered one, theyre usually a waste of time and money and dont supply any where near enough power to power a full rig.

Instead pick up a cheap 9v adaptor from a local shop with about 1Amp or 1000mA max withdraw current and order a few daisy chains off the net which will allow to power all your pedals off one adaptor, or you could spend a bit more on a OneSpot or Diego powerstation. I dont think any of the pedals your looking at need any different jacks for the power supply so that should satisfy as is.

Basically mA is the amount of juice each pedal takes from the adaptor, if youre running an all analogue board this will be a lot lower as most analogue pedals run off less than 100mA, my vox runs off about 0.7mA, most digital pedals are around 300mA.

Most pedals dont come with any cables or adaptors, without a few exceptions, your local guitar shop should sell patch cables, id reccomend investing in some quality ones for the time being, i got 5 off ebay for £10 or so, with metal jacks and good quality thick wire, and it has made a difference.
Quote by penguinsarecool

The Boss Pedal board has 7 different power leads that all go to one supply and comse with loads of little leads to connect all your pedals together, space wise you can fit about 6 compact pedals into it and if you need a seventh you could probably squeeze it in, it's not terribly expensive and worth the money.
Quote by aaciseric
The Boss Pedal board has 7 different power leads that all go to one supply and comse with loads of little leads to connect all your pedals together, space wise you can fit about 6 compact pedals into it and if you need a seventh you could probably squeeze it in, it's not terribly expensive and worth the money.

cool thanks man. do you use that pedal board?