my cousin is skeptical about the licensed floyds. He is looking at getting a dean razorback v.but he wonders if the licensed floyds on the guitars will break down after awhile and need relpacment. he also wonders if licensed floyds will rust easily and if they are just as good as original floyds as far as quality and performance goes.
i think licensed floyds are actually pretty good for the cost, and it isn't that much worse than an OFR. Of course, OFR's will stay in tune a bit better, but cost quite alot more too. IMO as long as your not playing gigs every night and using it non-stop in every song, then it should be ok.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
it really depends on the licensed floyd. some could be argued as being better than an OFR (e.g. gotoh ge1996). Others are terrible (ibanez lo-trs, for example).

i think your cousin is right to be wary with that one. I haven't tried it, but i work on the assumption that unless i know for sure that it's a quality copy, i avoid it. it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?