The title really says it all

I really like the look of these guitars, and was wondering if anyone had played one or had an opinion on them.

I mainly play classic rock and some more punky stuff like the clash.

I know jimmy page played one so im guessing they are pretty good.

Thanks for any help/info/whatever.
Quote by woody42
The title really says it all

I really like the look of these guitars, and was wondering if anyone had played one or had an opinion on them.

I mainly play classic rock and some more punky stuff like the clash.

I know jimmy page played one so im guessing they are pretty good.

Thanks for any help/info/whatever.

JP used that guitar a lot for his live work, so I say it would get the job done.
I use the 12-string version, and i love it. I'm tempted to get me the 6-stringer too. i think theres some guy on the forum who has played since 1967 who said the modern reissues are actually a lot better than the old danelectros such as the one jimmy page used. The pickups are generally very low output so it'll be difficult to get them to drive an amp, but they do sound really good.

Some people will jump on the "its made of plywood so it sucks" or "danelectro have a line of cheap plastic effects pedals therefore all their other products must be crap" bandwagon, but for plywood guitars, they sound excellent. they have a very distinctive tone, and very good for the price imo. All i can say is, no matter how crap they seem on paper, they are really quite good, as with just about everything else danelectro makes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I love them. I still want a Dano Pro. All of them have that sweet jangly surf tone.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Blompcube
I use the 12-string version, and i love it. I'm tempted to get me the 6-stringer too. i think theres some guy on the forum who has played since 1967 who said the modern reissues are actually a lot better than the old danelectros such as the one jimmy page used. The pickups are generally very low output so it'll be difficult to get them to drive an amp, but they do sound really good.

Some people will jump on the "its made of plywood so it sucks" or "danelectro have a line of cheap plastic effects pedals therefore all their other products must be crap" bandwagon, but for plywood guitars, they sound excellent. they have a very distinctive tone, and very good for the price imo. All i can say is, no matter how crap they seem on paper, they are really quite good, as with just about everything else danelectro makes.

They're plywood?!

*faints*
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
They're plywood?!

*faints*

worse. they are a plywood made of a mixture of agathis and masonite (which, in lamens terms, is chipboard). they've really opened my mind about tonewoods.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i own a dano pro and a dano 56-pro

i'd definately recommend getting dano guitars, they are the greatest little guitars out there (relatively speaking) they sound beautiful

plus they will go up in value over time