Hey UG.

I'm currently thinking about selling some of my gear and investing in a good amp.

I currently own:
Schecter c1 classic with Bkp's (main guitar)
Ibanez Sz520fm with dimarzios
Jackson Dk2m stock
Ibanez rg370dx with SD's
Schecter omen 6 stock
Peavey valveking 212
Roland microcube
Boss gt-8
Boss me-50
Boss Ge-7
Boss reverb (Cant remember exactly what model, a new one though, cost me £130)
Boss MT-2
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive (£115 new)
Is the bulk of my gear.

Now I dont know if it would even be worth selling some of it for what I would get.
But my band have been getting serious and I need to get serious about my tone.
I was thinking of a used 5150 or something. We play metal, but I play alot of blues and classic rock/soft rock to myself.
Need advice on what to do/what amp to go for.
Thanks again UG.
Look mate there are a few ways you can go. Dont sell anything except your peavey and byt the valveking stack(great amp for the price) selld some of your gear (stuff you wont need if u get a 5150) and buy the 5150. Or sell heaps of it and get some hardcore **** like a mesa boogie (that will get u plaenty good tone mate!). Explore otehr brands and TRY EVERYTHING!!!!!

Good Luck mate!
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
Tried the new VOX high gain amp? AC50CPH or something... Anyways, its awesome for classic rock/metal.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by Freddy_Walker
Look mate there are a few ways you can go. Dont sell anything except your peavey and byt the valveking stack(great amp for the price) selld some of your gear (stuff you wont need if u get a 5150) and buy the 5150. Or sell heaps of it and get some hardcore **** like a mesa boogie (that will get u plaenty good tone mate!). Explore otehr brands and TRY EVERYTHING!!!!! Good Luck mate!

I didn't understand that. Basically youre saying upgrade to a VK head and keep my stuff? Lol
The point is I'm not getting the tone I want. My Vk 212 is 100 watts tube, its more than enough.
Ignore the guy who said the Valveking, he's obviously a complete tool.

Think about what you use. Is there anything you never have need to touch? If you have a Schecter with BKPs then you do not need an SZ520, and if you have a DK2M then you do not need a cheapy Schecter Omen and Rg370. Get rid of the amps (barring the Microcube if you can make a use for it) and ALL of the Boss stuff, you don't seem to need it.

Selling all that could net you a hell of a lot of money. I'd guess in excess of or approaching £1k, which is enough to get you a new Blackmore head with a 2x12 cab loaded with V30s. That'd be a brilliant tonal base to build on. Do you need the FX?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Isn't the Me-50 a downgrade of the gt-8?

sell one or both lol, I *think* the gt-8 has the same features as the me-50 but with a little more.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Well, atm I use the preamps from the gt8, as I dont much care for the vk. But yeah I'd either keep one of the multi effects for the effects otherwise Id be buying pedals, delay, chorus etc
So I dunno, yeah ill put the stock pickups back in the sz and get rid of that, just keep the schecter and jackson.
I dont think ill hit 1k somehow, but it should provide for something decent used?
I was thinking of really saving up and going for the new EVH 5150, but I havent tried it out yet.
The EVH5150III is way overpriced here in the UK, enough for you not to really consider it.

Yeah, I was thinking you'd hit 1k selling everything including the GT-8 and stuff, but yeah, keep the GT-8 to make your FX life easier for now and get rid of all the other bits & bobs.

There may also be a chance you'll get more for selling the guitars & upgraded pickups seperately.

So let's say I assume £400 for the three guitars... £250 for the amp sounds realistic. Then maybe £150-200 for the pedals? That'd give you anything upto £850... Which is still a lot. See how much a used ENGL Blackmore will go for, I honestly think it'd suit your styles brilliantly.
Hmm, i do love blackmore, but its not the sound im going for. Im pretty sure the 5150 or 6505 would do what i want, I hope lol.
1. sell everything besides your main axe and the 212 valveking
2. buy some variant of a tubescreamer and a mxr 10 band eq
3. literally profit...
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
1. sell everything besides your main axe and the 212 valveking
2. buy some variant of a tubescreamer and a mxr 10 band eq
3. literally profit...
Not really, Valvekings are pretty gash in the scheme of things.

Mehh I'm not really a fan of the 5150s personally, this may just be my opinion influencing my advice (but then what isn't) but apart from the 5150III, they all sound fuzzy and loose with no real cleans. Try ENGLs, the Blackmore really does have an outstanding metal tone. Look for youtube vids too, i've seen some brilliant ones of the Blackmore on there.