Hey guys, anyone know of anymore post expressionist/surrealist art? I also sort of like Salvador dali, thoughts?
Don't like it.

In a lot of surrealism. there's no meaning, there's no train of thought or concept. Sure, they're good painters, but it's just pointless, worthless art.

I'm not referring to all surrealists though.

And you'll probably get banned for that picture. Maybe chuck some more surrealist paintings in the post too?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Fairly certain TS just wanted to post the unmentionable fruit...

I never liked expressionist art though to me it just contains no meaning what so ever.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
I bought my friend a print of that!

He ****ing loved it.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Nicely done.

EDIT: Y'know you could've done something constructive with the brainpower it took to think of a way to post the pear without getting banned? Like, making a sandwich, or painting your own surrealist painting...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jun 22, 2008,
to TS, that is not expressionist. expressionist and surrealism are two very different things.

expressionist

surrealism
its not bannable without the lolwut!!!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
+1 to Corey.

I find the surrealist stuff to be entertaining, in a 'wtf?' kind of way, if you catch my drift. But expressionism doesn't do the trick for me. It's a weird name for a style of painting anyway. Isn't art defined as something that is expressive? Therefore, naming one certain style Expressionism is a little odd.
Expressionism means to distort reality and logic for an emotional effect. It also applies to music some how.