i have a vox bulldog distortion that i would like to modify into a bass distortion pedal.

i'm assuming the only differences between bass and guitar distortions is the values of the components used so could someone please tell me what components i would need to change and to what value?

thanks
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Get us a schematic first
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
the high pass filter at the start would probably want changing to a low pass, that just involves changing some caps round, i can't tell you which without a schem.

Try it without any mods though, some guitar pedals sound good through a bass cos the frequency range makes quite a nice punchy bass sound.

Other than that, some caps might want changing, but i can't say without a schem
lol@u
i'd love to get you a schematic but i've searched my arse off to no avail

and blues_king i've tried it without mods it's ok but loses too much bottom end to cut through the mix how i like it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
ok, then its case of changing some caps, i can't really give you an idea of which without a schem, i've searched aswell, maybe give us a photo of the guts?
lol@u

the right hand jack is input

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
hmmm, can't really tell from that, it would probably be that big yellow cap near the in jack, but i can't be sure, its all surface mounted components
lol@u