Hi all.

Can anybody explain the science behind the various pickup selections of the Baja Telecaster? I had some guy in the shop run through the different selections, including the S-1 switch, but he only used terms like 'in series' and 'out of phase'. I'm fairly new to this, and need the 6 different selections available put in idiot's terms.

All I know at the moment is that I like the way this guitar sounds/plays, but I'm eager to understand how it all works. What do all the different pickup switch positions entail?

That said, I'm going to buy it anyway... it's a f*cking amazing guitar.
Well, it's a telecaster so it has 2 pickups.
You ppb have a switch with 3 positions. It's fairly simple rlly. The most upper position of the switch means the sound is only processed by the most upper pickup. The lowest position of the switch means it's only processed by the lower pickup. And last but not least the middle position of the switch means both pickups are active at the same time.
So in therms of pickups you have 3 possibilities. How you got to 6 I don't know for sure, but I can guess. You ppb counted 3 with distortion and 3 without. But these are 2ce the 3 same sounds that go from your guitar to your amp, they were just changed within your pedal or amp.
The baja has a 4 way switch and the push/push S-1 switch. It's not a 'normal' tele

There's a list of terms here that might help but it's more important how you think it sounds than how it works
Last edited by bellerophon at Jun 22, 2008,
Should've mentioned that - I was expecting a three-way pick up selector switch, but when I was shown the four positions, and then the S-1 button, I lost track of what the hell was going on!
Quote by Base Ics
Well, it's a telecaster so it has 2 pickups.
You ppb have a switch with 3 positions. It's fairly simple rlly. The most upper position of the switch means the sound is only processed by the most upper pickup. The lowest position of the switch means it's only processed by the lower pickup. And last but not least the middle position of the switch means both pickups are active at the same time.
So in therms of pickups you have 3 possibilities. How you got to 6 I don't know for sure, but I can guess. You ppb counted 3 with distortion and 3 without. But these are 2ce the 3 same sounds that go from your guitar to your amp, they were just changed within your pedal or amp.

Never post ever again, that was dreadful.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix

+1
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by timi_hendrix

+2
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.