i went on the bigsby site to get some info, but to be honest it was pretty crap - just kept telling me that its the only true trem to shift the pitch back and forward (which is bollox anyway)

anyway, first question - is the bigsby any good at holding tune?

how do you mount strings? through the body or through the back of the trem?

whats the bridge height like?

when you order a bigsby, what do you get? just the big tailpiece and trem bar, r do you get the intonation bridgey bit too?

how do you install a bigsby? - i know that this would probably differ between guitars, but as a rough thing - what do you do?

last question - if youre answering this, do you have any experience using a bigsby? how do you find it compares to other trems youve tried in terms of usability and so on. im thinking of getting one because the bar is set quite far back meaning i wont have to reach over it to get to the tone and volume buttons on the guitar im making, which i have to on nearly every other trem ive looked at.

cheers everyone
As far as I know, the installation takes place right where your old bridge was, with the front two screws going in the same holes as your bridge was. The back part of the tailpiece is screwed into the back on the guitar body.

As for the rest, I can't help you.
Quote by CobenBlack
anyway, first question - is the bigsby any good at holding tune?

If it's set up properly then yes, my guitar teacher has one on his gretsch and he played around with until it was perfect and it stays in tune realy well.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by CobenBlack
o?

last question - if youre answering this, do you have any experience using a bigsby? how do you find it compares to other trems youve tried in terms of usability and so on. im thinking of getting one because the bar is set quite far back meaning i wont have to reach over it to get to the tone and volume buttons on the guitar im making, which i have to on nearly every other trem ive looked at.

cheers everyone

its sorta like an uncomfortable version of a strats bar, but doesn't quite go down as far, but has the advantage of going up
and restringing is a bugger - the string wraps round a bar, then hooks on to a little piece of metal sticking out...you have to wedge a bit of sponge of something like that under the hook thing to keep the string in place while you tune up.

I haven't described that very well but google it and there'll be pictures I'm sure
Quote by n47713
its sorta like an uncomfortable version of a strats bar, but doesn't quite go down as far, but has the advantage of going up

i thought that if you went up enough the spring fell out.
I put on on my Tele and the bridge that came with it was crap. So I took it off. I didn't have any problem putting the strings on. Not as easy as other guitars but no hard. You should get a roller bridge to go with it.

What kind of guitar are you planning on putting it on? You have to drill several small holes for the Bigsby. I had to drill two large ones for the bridge on my Tele. So that suk'd when I took it off.
Quote by fly135
I put on on my Tele and the bridge that came with it was crap. So I took it off. I didn't have any problem putting the strings on. Not as easy as other guitars but no hard. You should get a roller bridge to go with it.

What kind of guitar are you planning on putting it on? You have to drill several small holes for the Bigsby. I had to drill two large ones for the bridge on my Tele. So that suk'd when I took it off.

well it was for a guitar i was going to make - and i fancied it because with a lot of bridges the trem bar seems to obstruct the use of volume and tone and things - which i use quite a lot, so i liked the idea ecause te bar is set further back.