hy
I bought a new Ashdown MAG300 combo bass amp. It's a great amp, but in the last two weeks I had problems with it.
One day when I exercised with my band I turned off the amp after 2 or 3 hours of operation. Then when I turned it on again after 10min, it didn't output any sound. The input VU meter showed me that the imput signal is present but only for a few minutes, the also the input signal died. Then I turned it off and on for a few times and it suddenly started to function perfectly again.
The problem didn't come back until our gig on friday. When we finished I turned the amp off. The after 15min I turned it back on because I lent it to another band. I plugged the bass in and there wasn't any output, only the input. But like in the first case, the input also died after a couple of minutes. The next day the amp functioned perfectly!
I don't know what is wrong.
The fan of the amp was and still is functioning perfectly and the amp was cold all the time so I think it isn't overheating.
What could be wrong??

Another question, would another Ashdown Mag410T cab make it significantly louder?
Would the amp output the full 300W?
----------------------------------------
My current rig:
- Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass
- Ashdown MAG-300C 4x10' 300W

Soon to be mine:
- Ampeg SVT7-PRO
- Ampeg SVT-410HLF
First, is it a tube or solid state? I', not very familiar with ashdown's bass amps.

Check to see if anything was covering the back of the amp, be it a wall or some towels. That could make it overheat.
It a solid state amp.
In the first case it was 2 feet from the wall and in the second in was on stage with nothing covering or obstructing the air flow.
My current rig:

Soon to be mine:
- Ampeg SVT7-PRO
- Ampeg SVT-410HLF
Is the fan definitely okay? It's pretty easy to take the amp out of the combo and see what's what. The fans are standard computer fans, so easy to replace. You're sure it's the amp and not, say, that you're using an active bass that's running out of batteries?
The fan is definitely okay.
It's blowing cold air out of the back, so I think there isn't any overheating.
I'm using a passive bass with no batteries.
It happend again today, but the the amp went mute soon after I started playing. It's just silent without any sound coming out of it.
But the imput is still present as I can see by the VU meter.
My current rig:

Soon to be mine:
- Ampeg SVT7-PRO
- Ampeg SVT-410HLF
This a very common problem of those amps, my ex-bassist had the same problem, he had to send it back, and he got it back, for it to fail on him within 10 mins of having back 'fixed'. He sent it back again, and it got replaced with a new one, but the process took quite a few months Prob not something you can fix yourself, but im no electrician...

But before you send it anywhere or take it apart, check ALL cables, and check the pickups on ur bass arent causing the problem (check with another bass)
Thank you for your answer.
I think I know where the problem is.
I think this amp has a sort of "fuse" that prevents the speakers from blowing.
When the input is to high for an amount of time, it automatically turns off the power amp.
I think this is where the problem is.
I'll try to lower the input and then see what happens.
I'll report back!
My current rig:

Soon to be mine:
- Ampeg SVT7-PRO
- Ampeg SVT-410HLF