Hello everyone.

By the end of this week I should have somewhere between $850-$1000.

I'm looking to buy a new guitar which I will use mainly for tunings below standard (C# Standard, D Standard, etc.). This will also be my guitar used specifically for Metal.

I'm looking for something that does not have a Whammy Bar of any kind and preferably has a thru-body neck.

So I ask you, what should I take a look at?
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Im no metalhead really,play mainly rock n' roll =) but a few months back i treid the LTD fx-600 Dan Jacobs signature... I found it awesome and great looking to! Worth checking out =)
I dont know the model name, but there is an Ibanez for around $1000 that has EMG 81/85 set up. Have a look

Take a look at the Schecter Hellraiser too.
Haha. Love the ESP suggestions but sadly the only store that carries them around here is about 45 minutes away and I can't drive yet.

What about an ESP Viper 400? I know Kirk from Down uses one and he says it's an amazing guitar for the price.

Yes, I have thought of getting a 7 string. Schecter makes a 7 string hellraiser, I believe.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Alright, it looks like I'll have to find time to head up to that store and try out the ESPs.

And What about the ESP Vipers?
Or the 7 String Schecter Hellraiser?
Any opinions on those?
I have a Viper 400, to be honest I'd look at the MH-400NT someone else posted for downtuned stuff due to the longer scale length. It's a great guitar though (Well, mine is, it's the one with Duncans, I expect you'd want the EMG model which I haven't tried for a while).
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 22, 2008,
Alright.
I'll take a look at the MH then.

My reason for looking at the Vipers was because, as stated before, Kirk Windstein (sp?) and Pepper Keenan of Down both play them and Matt DeVries (sp?) all play vipers. Both Kirk and Matt use the Ltd versions, with Kirk using a Viper 400 and Matt using a custom Ltd. Both tune down to where I'd be playing and it sounds fine to my ears.
Quote by Born A Fool
Alright.
I'll take a look at the MH then.

My reason for looking at the Vipers was because, as stated before, Kirk Windstein (sp?) and Pepper Keenan of Down both play them and Matt DeVries (sp?) all play vipers. Both Kirk and Matt use the Ltd versions, with Kirk using a Viper 400 and Matt using a custom Ltd. Both tune down to where I'd be playing and it sounds fine to my ears.

The Viper would probably handle the tuning, but the MH might handle it better, like I said due to the scale length. I'd try tuning down for you but I'm using 9s and they just flop all over the place anywhere below Eb.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Never really had scale length explained to me.
I know the basics, or at least that the longer scale length does down tuning better.
Any chance you could give a bit better explanation or point to somewhere that could?