I need a new amp to play metal with at HOME . I narrowed it down to 2 choices:

Line 6 Spider 3: 30 Watt AMP
Link: http://www.music123.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482275-i1168995.Music123

And a Marshall MG30DFX
Link:http://www.music123.com/Marshall-MG30DFX-Combo-Refurb-483188-i1145938.Music123

Can someone please tell me which to choose? The Marshall was a bit cheaper at my music store and people seem to say that Marshall-Amps is the best ones.

Please tell me your thoughts on this matter and keep in mind its only for metal-home use.
Quote by steven seagull
They're both crap.

Get a Roland Cube 30X instead.

This.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
were you deaf during this narrowing process?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by steven seagull

everyone on UG is going to tell you to not buy either the line 6 or the marshall. then a few of them will insult your intelligence.

it's best to just buy the roland cube 30x and delete this thread.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
both sh*te.
as others have already said, for the price range and wattage, roland cube is yer best bet.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
I've played them both between the two of the definatly the Line6, all small marshalls are crap! The big ones though...
yeah the roland cube is definably your best bet even though i love marshal the cube at that price rage is the best thing
Quote by guitaringsailor
I've played them both between the two of the definatly the Line6, all small marshalls are crap! The big ones though...

for the love of god, don't listen to this kid.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Fender Deville 410
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Haha, i never knew of this Roland Cube amp. Seems all people recommend that one instead. I guess i have to travel to the city and find one then.
Quote by lazlow325i
for the love of god, don't listen to this kid.

So you'd rather take the Marshall MG and not the Spider? I'd say out of those two, the Spider is better, but the Cube is about the same price and better than either of the others.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i havent tried the line 6 but i have to admit out of every marshall amp ive tried that marshall mgdfx30 was probably the worst one ive tried..
Quote by Fama
So you'd rather take the Marshall MG and not the Spider? I'd say out of those two, the Spider is better, but the Cube is about the same price and better than either of the others.

XD i don't recommend the marshall by any means. they're both trash.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Fender Deville 410
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Andy_A
I need a new amp to play metal with at HOME . I narrowed it down to 2 choices:

Line 6 Spider 3: 30 Watt AMP
Link: http://www.music123.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482275-i1168995.Music123

And a Marshall MG30DFX
Link:http://www.music123.com/Marshall-MG30DFX-Combo-Refurb-483188-i1145938.Music123

Can someone please tell me which to choose? The Marshall was a bit cheaper at my music store and people seem to say that Marshall-Amps is the best ones.

Please tell me your thoughts on this matter and keep in mind its only for metal-home use.

When they say that, they mean the expensive, all tube marshalls, not the cheap crap ones lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Vox AD series is pretty good from the looks of it.

It is supposidly a hybrid amp, which is majority of an SS amp, but has either a valve or tube in it, can't remember.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by Sóul Pówer

It is supposidly a hybrid amp, which is majority of an SS amp, but has either a valve or tube in it, can't remember.

It has both. Since they're the same thing.

The Vox Valvetronix series is good too. The general consensus is that the Vox is better for classic rock and such, while the Cube is better for metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Sóul Pówer

tube = american word for valve. i interchange between them because most people know what i mean when i say tube...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I had a choice at the store between a Marshall mg, Line 6 Spider, or Vox, and I'm sooooo glad I chose the Vox, haha. I got the AD50vt version, but you can get the 30 watt version for less.
Quote by steven seagull

indeed, un-narrow your search and get this instead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have decided to get a Roland Cube Amp insted, i saw some videos on youtube about it and red all the reviews i could find and listened to all of you.
Quote by guitaringsailor

BigGeR t3h BETTER!!! smaller the aMp, CrappIER the tOne!
I p1ayED a 412 MG halfstack. IT waS HUGEE!!! the OverDRive was CRusHingggg!!!!!!1
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE