Im going to cut this short to save you the details.

At the moment I dont have a purpose in my life and its making me feel depressed. I have 3 months before I start uni again and most my friends are on holiday (well the ones i like going out with).

I have just signed up for a sky diving trip and want some other activities that I can actually look forward to rather than being depressed. I would rather not go the doctors and be analyzed, as I don't like the idea of being prescribed anti-depressants.

Any ideas of what other activites I could partake in because I can't think of anymore.

All ideas appreciated
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
you miss your friends. When summer rolls around I feel sad, because I don't see my friends as much as I use to in school.
Depression is a disease, not a feeling. It is diagnosed by doctors, not you. Chances are you aren't depressed.

Quote by MightyAl
You could get a job.

Get a job. Or hang out with your other friends.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Last edited by SupremeACL at Jun 22, 2008,
get a job, play your sorrows out on guitar, get a girlfriend.....

any of those will do just fine for that, just dont get a job you hate
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
take the time to find a new hobby? i used to have serious depression and pretty much stayed in my house for months without going anywhere (except school). it sucked. then my uncle helped me out alot and got me a paintball gun. it gave me something new and got me out of my depression. little things like that can help. but if it really gets serious you should see a doctor
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by MightyAl
You could get a job.

I could yes, but i would then have to quit it in 3 months time as I go back to uni. So its pointless either way.

I aint talking seriously depressed, but I dont feel the need or feel like I want to get out of bed in the mornings. I constantly feel unhappy and it annoys me that I basically have no purpose for the next 3 months.

I would say that counts as some form of depression
Quote by Chinfrim
get really damn good at guitar dude then apply for bands
or try out working for some sorta charity or the peace corps
that'll make your life have a meaning
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
f**k the summer away, providing you arnt ugly

if you are play your guitar and get a job

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by scottp_15
I could yes, but i would then have to quit it in 3 months time as I go back to uni. So its pointless either way.
I aint talking seriously depressed, but I dont feel the need or feel like I want to get out of bed in the mornings. I constantly feel unhappy and it annoys me that I basically have no purpose for the next 3 months.

EVERYONE I knew at uni got a summer job. Working is NOT pointless, you lazy oik.
I know how you feel im went through the same...
Its difficult.But hang out with whoever you can and just try to enjoy yourself!!!!
And yeh new hobbies can work.
But ironically guitar made me feel worse sometimes.
But i was ok after a while lol.
But just try new things,hang out with new people and try and escape from your boundaries a little.
Exercise then. Get fit - it's a reason to get up and it'll free you from the depressed feeling.
Im going to cut this short to save you the details.

At the moment I dont have a purpose in my life and its making me feel depressed. I have 3 months before I start uni again and most my friends are on holiday (well the ones i like going out with).

I have just signed up for a sky diving trip and want some other activities that I can actually look forward to rather than being depressed. I would rather not go the doctors and be analyzed, as I don't like the idea of being prescribed anti-depressants.

Any ideas of what other activites I could partake in because I can't think of anymore.

All ideas appreciated

I know how you feel. Do your best to go out [human contact always helps, and you seem to be lacking it]. Get a job or take up a new hobby. As long as it gets you active and talking to people you'll be fine...
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by smb
Exercise then. Get fit - it's a reason to get up and it'll free you from the depressed feeling.

i agree, thats a great idea, and it will even stick around after the summer's done.

but i remember wen i had like a week off from school and went to visit relatives, and had nothing to do. i just brought my guitar, and tried to learn how to play voodoo child. Gave me a purpose, was fun to do, and now i can show off with the parts of it i learned . That and some exercise can keep you entertained and happy for a long time
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
write some songs, paintball, drugs, partyin, a job is a good way to keep busy, try to get a girlfriend?

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Did anyone else think of the song Spike by The Network when they saw the title of the thread?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I know your a guy but get a complete makeover haha maybe try something new like a haircut/color, go to the gym and work out get some confidence cause when you have confidence you'll be up for anything.
You need a fix?

I'll you give you a stage, a mic, and a mix

yay Rakim

But really go out and hang out with some people, go swimming, swimming always puts me in a good mood
Go for a walk.
Or a run.
Exercise will make you feel better as the endorphins are released in your blood.
Maybe try skateboarding or bike riding.
Go travel the world? Book plane tickets to china and move around the Asia by buss, my cousin did that and he came back really refresh looking.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by scottp_15
I could yes, but I would then have to quit it in 3 months time as I go back to uni. So its pointless either way.

Completely untrue. You know, it is very possible to take a deep breath, grit your teeth and undergo stressful and unwanted work to get through life. What's it called these days, being independent? So you're going to the university yes? So am I, and I work 30 hours a week on average, plus I'll be getting a second job just so I can pay for insurance, gas and food.

I'm 18, haven't lived with my parents for 8 months, and I and I'm doing fine. It's not fun at all. I think that's why you have this issue is because you're constantly looking for fun and no disapointments in life. Once you realize that life isn't fun and games, you won't have time to be depressed because you'll be working your ass off just to get by.

Well, that's the end of my rant. My suggestion? Yeah.. get a job.
I am 19, lived away from my parents for a year. Have worked for 3 years of my life previous.

I know what independence is
Quote by Chinfrim