Page 1 of 2
I'm having to go to my lady's prom, I'm not dreading it really until my mother came up to me and said that I should wear a suit jacket and a bow tie...

Now then:

that costs money which I don't have and I'm sure my mum won't pay for it.

The majority of my friends that are going are just wearing shirts and ties.

So would it be ok for me to just wear a smart shirt and tie? It's a damn fine shirt and tie.. comes to about £50 all together. I've never been to a ****ty prom before so I don't know
Well some people are gonna go all out but they're the sort of posh twats... I think I should be ok, I'll just hang around with the people in shirts and ties
Yeah wiggy, just make sure everything is nicely tidy and you'll be settled (and one hot piece of ass, if you pardon my language).
Oh, and let's not forget: Have fun!
Yeah My prom is all suits and ties. Itss tomorrow actually. Try and match your lady friend, i know i am.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Where is your prom??? At ours you had to wear a tux or you got turned away.

But that also could've been because it was put together essentially by these six girls who are straight out of Mean Girls.

I say just wear something sharp. there are tons of ways you can look good without looking "classic" sharp. Here's what i did for a "formal" dinner a few weeks ago: I wore some A&F jeans (like the ripped ones), a white collared shirt, and threw my gold tux vest over it. instant sharp look, money spent? Zero. just run down to your local tux rental shop, rent a vest, throw it over a good shirt, and wear some good-looking jeans.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by wiggyisgreat

I'd wear trousers aswell...
hire out a suit? if you look out of place, take a tie with you and just take off your jacket.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I'm wearing the full shabang to mine on Friday ... it's gonna suck, i'm missing the after party so I can get up early for Band Practice.
I didn't have one.

Did I miss out?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Shirts and ties fucking rock. Bow ties are for pussies and/or James Bond.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by aaciseric
I'm wearing the full shabang to mine on Friday ... it's gonna suck, i'm missing the after party so I can get up early for Band Practice.

Wow that's commitment man. Although they should let you go. The after party is something to remember being after the formal rather than some ****ty drink up with like 30 people.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
A friend of mine went to the prom of a nearby girls' school and said he was the only one wearing a bowtie out of EVERYONE there and he felt like he was the waiter.

So yes, wear the tie!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by meh!
I didn't have one.

Did I miss out?

It's mostly for girls. Guys don't get much out of it except maybe a little something something afterwards.

Except for me. I took the open mic during that one song that goes "I'm not gonna write you a love song."
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Screw ties, wear a toga. If it was good enough for Caesar it should be good enough for you.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
It just depends what u can find around for the least money, me and my mate found this shop were a shirt, trousers, jacket and bow tie was £40 all together.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Wasburn x-series - not a bad starter guitar, recomended!
Aston 15w - I need a better amp
Digitech rp250
Quote by CrazyDavey
Wear a kilt. They look smart as ****.

This.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Wear a suit you schmuck.

Nah I'm guessing it's like the Parkstone Grammar one? In which case shirt and tie is the norm.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
my god people! If you're going to a prom you need to wear a tux! And if you dont have one, invest in a quality one, it is an unwritten rule (might be written down somewhere) that every man is required to own AT LEAST one tux.
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Quote by JakdOnCrack
White tux. Do it

YEAH!!! all white tux, white hat, and a white jeep to match it...and then HEY GUYS, LETS GO MUDDIN' BEFORE PROM!!!

some hicks at my school did that...it was hilarious, that white tux guy showed up with mud splattered up his pants and on the jacket...it didn't look bad, cause it fit his personality better than just a plain white tux.

Quote by Munchlaxatives
It's mostly for girls. Guys don't get much out of it except maybe a little something something afterwards.

That's not true, i had a blast at prom, and i didn't do anything but kiss my date afterwards, and i didn't care either. It was just sweet to drive around town all dressed up and visit all our houses, and then go and chill at prom and dance crazy and check out everyone's outfits, and then go and crash at someones house and watch dumb movies until sunrise.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Last edited by Kid Fisto at Jun 22, 2008,
You need a suit, its so damn classy. If everyone just wears a shirt and a tie, you'll separate from the pack in a good way.
If there is a dress code, follow that.
If there isn't, ask her what she wants.
If she doesn't care, just do what your friends are doing.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I rented a tux. Make sure you match the girl, it will look good!
Marks and Spencer sell a suit for £50

If you already have shoes and a shirt,that is.
If you can drive to Yeovil you can borrow my old, yet very much awesome, dinner jacket
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I'm having to go to my lady's prom, I'm not dreading it really until my mother came up to me and said that I should wear a suit jacket and a bow tie...

Now then:

that costs money which I don't have and I'm sure my mum won't pay for it.

So would it be ok for me to just wear a smart shirt and tie? It's a damn fine shirt and tie.. comes to about £50 all together. I've never been to a ****ty prom before so I don't know

At least you only need that.
We need full-blown tuxes for ours.
Quote by Grundy0
If you can drive to Yeovil you can borrow my old, yet very much awesome, dinner jacket

Oh my god I actually could It's only about 40 miles away, I swear you lived in America! We're practically neighbors.
Page 1 of 2