So.. i guess this is a noob question but whattahell... will a 24-3/4 neck fit a 25-1/2 body?

cheers
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
No.

The bridge will usually be in the wrong place so you'll be out of tune all down the neck.
Ok. Thats sucks.

But... on warmoth.com , you can buy a 24-3/4 neck... but there is not such thing as a 24-3/4 body. Why?
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
24-3/4 is the scale length of guitar (the distance between the frets). I'm going to assume the warmoth bodies are blank, so it just matters where you drill the holes for the bridge to determine the "scale length of the body". If you have a guitar set up for 25.5 then any other neck will not work, but if you have a blank body you can set it up for anything.
Last edited by wgpguy at Jun 22, 2008,
If the body isn't drilled or routed for a bridge then you can position it in the right place for whatever neck you have.
Ohkaay.. so if I want a 24-3/4 scale guitar from Warmoth, I just order a body
(and tell them to drill holes that work with the neck) and a 24-3/4 scale neck...?
// Angus Young

+1
Actually a 24 3/4 warmoth neck will drop into a 25.5 scale body. I did it with a strat I have its made for this purpose so the scale is correct. Problem is when trying to put a 24 fret neck in a guitar made for a 22 fret then the scale length gets off. Fender has made guitars, mustang, that could be had with the short 22" scale or the 25.5" scale same body the neck was changed. TS if you want the 24 3/4 scale look at the conversion neck section at warmoth.