Is it worth to buy a guitar with a floyd rose type of bridge if i will almost NEVER use it? I have NEVER used a floyd rose before so i am very unfamiliar with how it works. The whole idea of changing strings just scares me off.
I play in a few tunings such as standart ,drop d and drop c. If i am correct i would need to do the whole "string-changing-and-doing-a-setup" thing every time when i change tunings? And what if my guitar just comes out of tune? I will need to do the whole setup again, huh?Is there any way i could "skip" the whole setup thing if i just want to go from standart to drop c or d?
And i am asking becouse a lot of guitars that i want to buy have a floyd rose type of bridge. So yeah...
if you change tunings, a floating trem isn't for you

what where some of the guitars you were looking at?
there are plenty of guitars out there without them, and if you're never going to use it, i think it's an unnecessary hassle.
Well i was looking into several guitar models. Some ibanez rg models ( with the "crappy" edge 3, so i think i need to pass on it,becouse why would i want an even more crappier tremolo haha) Then i looked into some Cort models.I also looked into ESP LTD MH250 ( eww agathis ) And then some yamaha models...wow it would be a big list tbh.

Quote by phoenix_88
there are plenty of guitars out there without them, and if you're never going to use it, i think it's an unnecessary hassle.

Well if i had it i would use it for the sake of using it haha,its cool and all, but the whole idea of changing strings just scares me.
Last edited by RoamingConflict at Jun 22, 2008,
its easy to change tunings on and fr equipped guitar because if you go to a lower tuning just use thicker strings so the tension is the same so the floyd should balance itself out, or like me instead of buying one expensive high end guitar buy 2 mid range guitars so you can have them in the different tunings.
Yea i would buy two guitars if i could. Cheers for the idea tho.
And you suggest using heavier string gauge , right? Like what,12s ? Would that really help?