Page 1 of 2
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-HD75-Guitar-Amp-Head-with-Spider-III-4x12-Cabinet-485061-i1174723.gc

Im not looking for a PRO amp or anything I currently use a Kustom 10 watt and its embarrasing, I want an amp thats loud yet I can play in my bedroom and really gets a bang for the buck ya know, this is well in my price range and I hear good things about Line 6, I play anythin from AC/dc to GNR go so on and I just need honest advice if this am is really worth it or not?
You get what you pay for with the Spider amp line.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
No it's not.
I would advise a Laney VC30 or a Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 22, 2008,
I really like this amp and I've heard good things from the Spider III and this amp blows away my 10 watt kustom lol and $524 is a pretty good price imo but I need advice first
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I've heard good things from the Spider III

You're about to hear plenty bad things about it believe me
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

To be more specific, the Spider's are okay for the beginner on a budget, with all those built in effects, but after the 15/30 you're throwing money away, even if they're cheap. Plus, do you really need a half stack? For that money you could get this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Flextone-III-Plus-1x12-Stereo-Combo-Amp-102067691-i1145789.gc

Which is the very very bigger brother of the Spider, quality wise, and plenty loud. And that's if you're really Line 6 enamored. You could go other routes easily.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
haha, where do you hear good things about spider 3 amps?

you can do alot better with 524...
You really should expect loads of "OMFG NOOESS DONT BUY THAT AMP!"

But it's all opinion. Personally, I prefer the beauty of tubes, but that's just me. My honest advice- I can only guess that it'll work for you. Go find them in a store, everywhere has them. Try it out, if you like it, buy it.

End of the day, it's your amp and your tone
yeah not really much of a fan for the line 6
but i don't really know what to suggest for your price range probably Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack
ok thanks everyone I'll look into it but can someone explain why are combo amps better than half stacks??
For 500$ you can get something much better, and as loud as that - Roland Cube 60, Vox Valvetronix, and even full tube amps, like Peavey Windsor Studio. It has a built-in power break so it can be both quite quiet and really loud (20 watts of tube power is A LOT)
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
ok thanks everyone I'll look into it but can someone explain why are combo amps better than half stacks??

Haha
What you're looking at is a very low quality half stack. For the same price you can get a good quality combo.

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Guns N' r0ses

Unless you're playing in very large rooms (and even then it's not a given) a half stack is just gratuitous.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A half stack, especially in your bedroom, could easily damage your hearing, or blow your head off, if it's tube.

Combos are more portable, and allow you to open up the controls a lot more. A halfstack, you probably can't go past 3 without hurting your head.

Half/full stacks were made for pro musicians who were playing at massive areas (especially outdoors) without PA Systems.
Trust us- go for a combo

EDIT: I forgot, if you started gigging with that halfstack, the people in the back would still have a hard time hearing you without the PA, and you'd kill people in the front row

Combos > Half Stacks
Last edited by Zeppelin_1223 at Jun 22, 2008,
line 6 is great, but as its being mentioned, get a higher quality version, but a combo amp ... and you can stay at the same price.

You cant beat the flexibility of tones in the line6 products.
The main things why half stacks are so bad (apart from possibly being too loud, because a lot of combos are too loud too) is, that for the same price you can get a much better combo amp. You can basically get either a 500 dollar amp or a 1000 dollar amp. This only matters with low-to-mid budget range tho, after you get to 2000-3000 dollars a lot of the amps only come in head form, and you won't get much better combos for the price either.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
caution: they've taken the name "spider" out of the head name on the item description to disguise the fact its crap. They want you to think its a different head...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
line 6=tone fart
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
OK. first off. HALF STACK ARE NOT BAD. their just big. reason why people like half stack is because if they want to change speakers. all they have to do is get another cab. and if they want a different sound. they can just buy another head. and 4 speakers give you a fuller and purer tone rather then 1 or 2 speaker. i could got a switchblade combo but i didn't like the speakers that much so i custom ordered a cab from avatar, which is great for the money. if your worrying about being 2 loud just get a THD hotplate
Quote by kckyle
OK. first off. HALF STACK ARE NOT BAD. their just big. reason why people like half stack is because if they want to change speakers. all they have to do is get another cab. and if they want a different sound. they can just buy another head. and 4 speakers give you a fuller and purer tone rather then 1 or 2 speaker. i could got a switchblade combo but i didn't like the speakers that much so i custom ordered a cab from avatar, which is great for the money. if your worrying about being 2 loud just get a THD hotplate

1) Learn some grammar.

2) Do you really think a guy who "Just needs something for his room, bang for the buck" should go out and buy a custom half stack? Get real.
Quote by Zeppelin_1223
1) Learn some grammar.

2) Do you really think a guy who "Just needs something for his room, bang for the buck" should go out and buy a custom half stack? Get real.

1) i don't give a shyt english isn't my first langauge

2) i didnt say i recommend him getting a half stack. i was just arguing for the case of half stack being bad.
Quote by kckyle

2) i didnt say i recommend him getting a half stack. i was just arguing for the case of half stack being bad.

Not sure anybody was saying half stacks were bad. Just unnecessary in most cases, and definitely for the TS.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you just play in your room it's hard to beat an epi valve jr combo and a killer multi-fx pedal with built-in drums.

Or a fender Gdec combo.
get a valve king, classic 30, or peavey ultra instead.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It's not bad that English isn't your first language, but you live in the USA so you should at least learn it well.

in progress of doing it
Spider amps are good for bedroom players that want a cheap amp that they can play when nobody else will hear them. They are not good amps but they have their place in the world.

For the kind of money you are looking at spending you can get much better amps. If you stayed with solid state amps (which may be better for a bedroom player) then look into something like a roland cube and get a couple pedals to go with it. Vox valvtronics are good too. There are also a whole range of low power valve amps that will sound great when you are jamming with your fiends but might be a bit much for playing in your room.
Not taking any online orders.
if you are a beginner like a total beginner than that is the only time i would suggest a line 6 spider 3 but only the 15 watt version. you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and a jcm800
Quote by kckyle

What? Please point out the flaw(s) in my post, if you can - I don't think you can, tho. Your post didn't address the issue I mentioned in my post at all. When you're arguing against someone, please try to address their points.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by BaffAttack
You get what you pay for with the Spider amp line.

There good, You just need to know how to work it, you get n00bs like that buying them and thinking there crap cos they cant work them propely
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
There good, You just need to know how to work it, you get n00bs like that buying them and thinking there crap cos they cant work them propely

I had one. They're not "good." They're passable and convenient for new players if you know what you're doing, but they're not "good."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Fama
What? Please point out the flaw(s) in my post, if you can - I don't think you can, tho. Your post didn't address the issue I mentioned in my post at all. When you're arguing against someone, please try to address their points.

well you did mention they are 2 loud. but when you get a half stack you have the option of using an attenuator. i know some combo comes with them build in but most of them aren't
Quote by kckyle
well you did mention they are 2 loud. but when you get a half stack you have the option of using an attenuator. i know some combo comes with them build in but most of them aren't

...yeah you almost got the point.

Edit: Not to mention that when my point was that half stacks cost a lot, slapping an attenuator on top of that makes it even more expensive. Attenuators aren't very cheap you know.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Page 1 of 2