So I've been told by 2843756930 people Half stacks aren't worth it, I've been recommended a lot of amps but specifically, I want an amp that is CLEAN, not noisey, I can use at small gigs yet still in my bedroom preferably about 50 - 60 watts? I'm sure thats enough, yet I can plug my FX pedal into it and be able to record music as well, I'm looking for one that can give me that GNR/AC/DC sound, I already kinda get that sound with my FX pedal + my ****ty kustom 10 watt lol but yeah just tell me what you guys recommend, Seeing half-stacks are too loud and not worth it at this stage I'll be content with an amp that I can play at gigs but its clean, has no problems and can last me And if there is actually a half stack out there you honestly think is worth it just say so! Thanks!

edit: I also use a les paul standard if that helps and my budget is $600 max
Last edited by Guns N' r0ses at Jun 22, 2008,
Im gonna recommend a Peavey Valveking 112. Great tube amp, isnt specialized like some, so you can get alot of different sounds out of it, is 50w, and with a good guitar, can give you an AC/DC sound and a good GnR sound too. I own one, an i really like it. You also might wanna check out the Traynor YCV50 combo. Seems to get alot of good reviews around here, but i havent played one myself.
+1 on the Peavey Classic 30.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
then.............get one?

or just be careful. nothing ever happened to mine...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It has individual tube guards. GET IT!
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Quote by kckyle
the thing with the classic 30 is they don't have tube guard

All the new ones come standard with tube gaurds.
You can take a piece of wood and screw it on.
Voila! Tube guard.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
The Peavey Classic 30 is a good choice. Also, look at maybe Traynor YCV50BLUE.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...