Page 1 of 2
So I have about $2500 and I'm looking for a guitar that's primarily for shredding but that is also versatile enough to play other things. Don't tell me to get an amp, since I am shopping for a guitar.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Ibanez JEM?
Just before everyone else suggests it

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ibanez s series prestiege and then have left over money
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
why the hell is everyone like GET T3H IBANEZORZ D3Y R DA B3ST3ST IN DA WURLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 its stupid id reccomend maybe an RR1, RR24, ESP SV.
Quote by mrbungle50221
why the hell is everyone like GET T3H IBANEZORZ D3Y R DA B3ST3ST IN DA WURLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 its stupid id reccomend maybe an RR1, RR24, ESP SV.

Because Ibanez are sexy . He also said he wanted something for shred and Ibanez guitars have very thin necks.
get a jackson soloist.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
get something custom-made?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zimpy
Because Ibanez are sexy . He also said he wanted something for shred and Ibanez guitars have very thin necks.

jackson also have very thin ncks and so do some esps, and yes i know ibanezes are good for shred but like 99.9% of people on this board are just like "get an ibanez" to any question i even saw one guy go "neither get an ibanez" when i asked should i get a RR3 or a EX400, there is a lot of ibanez fanboyism on this board.
Quote by Dave_Mc

This, or go Jackson USA or Musicman.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
get a guitar with a floyd as cheap as u can get it and then custimize it.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
None of the mentioned. I assure you the washburn wm556 sounds, plays, and feels better by far than any of the mentioned, except for the custom 24, which is on the same level.
Telecaster?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by halloweenhead
So I have about $2500 and I'm looking for a guitar that's primarily for shredding but that is also versatile enough to play other things. Don't tell me to get an amp, since I am shopping for a guitar.

Get
A
Carvin
Spend the extra money on other stuff, maybe a cab. Or start saving up for an amp then.
Carvin FTW my brother.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
if you have $2500, you're really going to let a forum full of people you don't know spend that money?

You don't have a clue what to get already?

sheeshk.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Id say a DEAN Dave Mustaine Deth Angel... Its a pretty nice V neck with a good paint job and nice pickups.
Quote by dlmebag
Id say a DEAN Dave Mustaine Deth Angel... Its a pretty nice V neck with a good paint job and nice pickups.
If he bought that, i would wish for him to get kicked in the balls.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
make your own awesome personalized guitar, then you can have your own company, only to later down the road sell it for GAS money...
O O

___
Quote by dannyisokay
if you have $2500, you're really going to let a forum full of people you don't know spend that money?

sheeshk.

I agree,
find something you like... boy, what i would do with 2500...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by dannyisokay

sheeshk.

^u r the only smart one so far ... with that amount of money-
1) u should know what guitars to look at
2) have ideas already of what to try out
3)enough experince to know what is going to do what u want it to
4)smart enough not to ask a bunch of teenagers what they would blow there money on
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
look into Carvins. The Ibanez PGM is one of my favourites and some ESPs not LTDs. And for that price you can start looking at some USA model Jacksons.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Dude, look up Kramer or Charvel guitars... If you've got $2500 to spend, then these guys make the professionals guitars... EVH, Mick Mars, any hair or shred metal...

Peace...
lol if you have $2500 to spend on a guitar you shouldn't be asking for suggestions on a guitar forum.

You should already know what you want to get.

Otherwise you would try all the guitars in that price range in person.

If you really have to ask here like this, I don't know if a $2500 guitar suits you.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Yep. have it YOUR way.

That only works if you know what you want on a guitar, ie, fret sizes, radius, bridge style, etc, etc.

Or they can copy a well known guitar for you.
Quote by mrvile
lol if you have $2500 to spend on a guitar you shouldn't be asking for suggestions on a guitar forum.

You should already know what you want to get.

Otherwise you would try all the guitars in that price range in person.

If you really have to ask here like this, I don't know if a $2500 guitar suits you.

This. If I had that amount of money I would be spending a very long time in a guitar shop

And, rather unoriginally, I would get an Ibanez myself.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Jun 22, 2008,
I'd say you make your own guitar with that money, but given that you're asking the internet to tell you what to buy, I'm not sure if you can do that.

For shredding, though, I'd recommend a Jackson Soloist or an Ibanez PGM.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by PanHead
Yep. have it YOUR way.

That only works if you know what you want on a guitar, ie, fret sizes, radius, bridge style, etc, etc.

Or they can copy a well known guitar for you.

yeah, you do need to have a fair idea of what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mrbungle50221
jackson also have very thin ncks and so do some esps, and yes i know ibanezes are good for shred but like 99.9% of people on this board are just like "get an ibanez" to any question i even saw one guy go "neither get an ibanez" when i asked should i get a RR3 or a EX400, there is a lot of ibanez fanboyism on this board.

Honestly I bought two Ibanezes yesterday (an RG and a low-mid range bass) and I'm already a fan. I've played anything and everything but those necks (IMO) are way more comfortable than anything I've seen on a Jackson or an ESP.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Quote by Tomo J O

Heh, looks like we have the same taste eh?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by kool98769
Get
A
Carvin
Spend the extra money on other stuff, maybe a cab. Or start saving up for an amp then.
Carvin FTW my brother.

amen, as soon as i get a little more, its a custom shop dc127 for me
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
ninja 600 and a new amp head.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win