hi
so i was wondering if like you could use a capo in order to tune ur guitar (like put the capo on a fret and leave it there)
cause i mean i hear all this stuff about half step down tuning and i think to my self on the 2nd fret isnt that a half step
oh and also about keys what fret+capo is what key

i hope i made my question clear ><
If you put a capo on the second fret the tuning is 1 step up - Gb B E (respective to E A D)

Half a step down is lower than up - Eb Ab Db etc etc
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
That's pretty much what they're designed for... A capo raises your tuning by its interval from the nut.

If there was a song in C major and you wanted to use a capo: first fret, C# major, 2nd fret D major, 3rd fret D# major, etc. etc.
Yeah, that would raise your tuning up a whole step. Not down a half.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Shadow_Guitar
hi
so i was wondering if like you could use a capo in order to tune ur guitar (like put the capo on a fret and leave it there)
cause i mean i hear all this stuff about half step down tuning and i think to my self on the 2nd fret isnt that a half step
oh and also about keys what fret+capo is what key

i hope i made my question clear ><

To tune down you would have to actually turn the tuning pegs down a half step. I suppose you could do this with a cap too but you'd have to use the Octaves of half step down tuning at the 11th fret which would make space shorter and songs sound an octave higher... But yes, capos can be used to alter tunings, people do it all the time. As for the key, it just depends what key you're looking for. Then simply move the capo to the applied note.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–