Page 1 of 2
i got a fender deluxe extension 112 cabinet i think i'm gonna exchange for a marshall 412a. anybody have an opinion on the marshall?
they aint the greatest series, and other heads wont work through in my expirience. MG on MG only
^Actually other heads will, I have no idea what Engel22 was thinking. However, no other head should be used with that cabinet, it's just SH*T!

get these instead:
www.avatarspeakers.com
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
those avatars look nice the thing is im exchanging the fender 112 at store and they dont have much too choose from thats why im thinkin of goin with the marshall. they only do store credit, otherwise i would get one of those avatars. are the mg112s seriously that horrible?
Quote by drunkass
are the mg112s seriously that horrible?

yes
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by drunkass
those avatars look nice the thing is im exchanging the fender 112 at store and they dont have much too choose from thats why im thinkin of goin with the marshall. they only do store credit, otherwise i would get one of those avatars. are the mg112s seriously that horrible?

Yes. What's wrong with the Fender? You have a decent speaker in it and all!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i dunno dude. i guess i just thought it would be rad to had a full size cabinet. thats honestly the only reason. the fender doesn't sound bad. i thought if 1 speaker sounds good 4 speakers should sound hella good haha. uh maybe i should not exchange it. i could always sell it on craigslist, which is kinda like a online classified adds here in the states, i dunno if you have it in sweden, anyway i could do that then maybe get one of the avatars. what do you think?
no
dont do it

that marshall cab is crap.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by drunkass
i dunno dude. i guess i just thought it would be rad to had a full size cabinet. thats honestly the only reason. the fender doesn't sound bad. i thought if 1 speaker sounds good 4 speakers should sound hella good haha. uh maybe i should not exchange it. i could always sell it on craigslist, which is kinda like a online classified adds here in the states, i dunno if you have it in sweden, anyway i could do that then maybe get one of the avatars. what do you think?

Your logic might be plausible if the MG cabinet had good speakers.

If you want a big sound, just get a 212. If you don't want to break the bank, get an Avatar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
haha everybody hates the marshall, avator had a 212 for the same price i should get that instead, im glad you guys know whats up with the cabinets cuz i really dont know s**t about them
^Nope you've proved that! (No offence)

Yeah, IMO Marshall aren't that good today. There are so many better amps and cabs you can get and the MG stuff is downright TERRIBLE!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

The MG is just cheap with chinese made "celestions" in it they dont even rate a model number. Custom made for MG apparently they went out of their way to make them more craptacular. 1 fender speaker is better than a hundred MG speakers.
thats cool dude, i didn't exchange it today. i'm either gonna get an avatar cabinet or build my own. i'm actually pretty decent with the power tools, its kinda what i do for a living.... i'll prob order some decent speakers and go from there,it would be the cheapest way to go and prob the best built cabinet
why not just get the MG cab for the sake of getting the cab and change speakers later.
or just buy a used cab with no speakers that would be alot easier
i would try the mg cabinet,..listen with your own ears and make up your own mind,..crazy idea aint it!!...the worst thing you could do is take the advice of the 15 year old flamers on here,.....because if theres one thing they have learned is flame the mg and you'll be cool..

how many times do ya have to slam mg (or any solid state amp) before your cool enuff??
Quote by jessexxx
i would try the mg cabinet,..listen with your own ears and make up your own mind,..crazy idea aint it!!...the worst thing you could do is take the advice of the 15 year old flamers on here,.....because if theres one thing they have learned is flame the mg and you'll be cool..

how many times do ya have to slam mg (or any solid state amp) before your cool enuff??

New noob user is noob.

It's not about bashing the MG makes us feel good.
It's sparing the world from another horrible SS marshall. The sound spectrum is being poluted enough already.
Don't listen to this guy TS. And BTW: Age has NOTHING to do with how people feel about tone. I'm pretty sure a 5 year old can tell the difference between a piece of crap just as well as a 50 year old can.
We're trying to keep you from letting your own ears to decide because they are untoneful at this point. We are sparing you the headache of the future when the tonality of your ears do develop.
Quote by the-kid44P
why not just get the MG cab for the sake of getting the cab and change speakers later.
or just buy a used cab with no speakers that would be alot easier

Because it is built out of crappy wood, with crappy joints, and crappy tolex. Need i give more reasons?
Quote by Tackleberry
The MG is just cheap with chinese made "celestions" in it they dont even rate a model number. Custom made for MG apparently they went out of their way to make them more craptacular. 1 fender speaker is better than a hundred MG speakers.

celestions are now made in china. No more english V30's for the world!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by jessexxx

PLEASE!

Am I a 15 year old flamer just because I have an ear for tone?

The fact that I'm almost 18 and I say relevant things doesn't matter do they? I only do it because I want to be cool or what?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Not all celestions are made in china just as not all eminance are either. There are the cheap celestions being put in spiders and MG and some other brands you can get for 30-40 bucks. And there are the still really expensive celestions that are 150 and more. Unless the expensive ones are just stock left over I certainly am not going to pay that price for chinese made celestions. I know most eminance are still made here not to far from where I live. But apparently they have a factory in china now to.
Quote by jessexxx

True, a lot on this forum jump on the bash bandwagon and have never heard a MG. You should always hear it for yourself, because opinions on the internet are to be taken with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, the distortion on a MG halfstack (dont know the 412) is quite awful.
Quote by kool98769
New noob user is noob.

It's not about bashing the MG makes us feel good.
It's sparing the world from another horrible SS marshall. The sound spectrum is being poluted enough already.
Don't listen to this guy TS. And BTW: Age has NOTHING to do with how people feel about tone. I'm pretty sure a 5 year old can tell the difference between a piece of crap just as well as a 50 year old can.
We're trying to keep you from letting your own ears to decide because they are untoneful at this point. We are sparing you the headache of the future when the tonality of your ears do develop.

Because it is built out of crappy wood, with crappy joints, and crappy tolex. Need i give more reasons?

celestions are now made in china. No more english V30's for the world!

after looking at your equipment you got alot of balls bashing anything!!...see ,..you my sheepish little boy are exactly what is wrong with this forum,...you know nothing..yet you speak from a mountain of false information!!....after all,..all i asked was for the dude to try one himself,...listen with "his" own ears,...on second thought,...that is a totaly screwed up thing to ask isnt it?
Quote by Gabel
PLEASE!

Am I a 15 year old flamer just because I have an ear for tone?

The fact that I'm almost 18 and I say relevant things doesn't matter do they? I only do it because I want to be cool or what?

"thats your ear for tone"....and unless you are the know all and hear all of tone!!...let the man make his own choices,...to come on "hear" and jump on the flamers band wagon is just propaganda,...and not the responsible thing to do,..surely not helping a fellow musician out,..is it>?
he is helping though, lol. The MG is a piece of garbage, he's sparing him buying something that will sound like poo, and won't be worth crap when he realizes it and goes to sell it. It's a particle board cabinet, with cheap speakers, and cheap hardware/construction. The only reason it's priced where it is, is because of the Marshall badge on it. I'm not on any bandwagon either, I owned an MG.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by jessexxx
"thats your ear for tone"....and unless you are the know all and hear all of tone!!...let the man make his own choices,...to come on "hear" and jump on the flamers band wagon is just propaganda,...and not the responsible thing to do,..surely not helping a fellow musician out,..is it>?

After reading all 10 of your posts i can honestly say that you really don't know what you're talking about. Of course the TS should try out his own gear before he buys it, but he wants our opinion otherwise he wouldn't be asking. Also who are you to berate another member's opinion? you've just joined and so far have made no real contributions to this community other than become an opinion basher. Perhaps you should stop noobishly flaming senior members that have not only proved themselves on this forum by helping people just like the TS (im lookin at you gabel and tackleberry ), but have actually tested the products they claim to dislike (not all of us are mindless bandwagoners). On a side note, your grammar and spelling is as atrocious as the 15 noobs u tend to bash and i believe you to be a troll

oh and btw, if owning superior musical gear makes you more informative (which i got when you flamed kool98769) then i own a mesa boogie so please STFU

...on topic, TS you don't need a 4x12, a good 2x12 or even what you have now is more than enough. 3 extra speakers =/= 3x better tone
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 23, 2008,
I do agree the TS should listen for him/her self. Really, all the bandwagon bashing of MG's made me go try one (and yes, Marshall let me down ) but they are not as bad as people make them out to be. Bashing MG is in the UG book of how to make friends...LOL

Anyway to the 15 year olds (and the almost 18 ish crowd) Rock on - I'm just glad some youth are jamming the good stuff and not listening to crap rap!!! (like most of my neigbors - ouch! ) To the old farts...alot of these youths are playing stuff that is mind blowing - classical scales, etc. Back in my day it was all about Smoke on the Water and Stairway to heaven - YEH!
Quote by Erock503
he is helping though, lol. The MG is a piece of garbage, he's sparing him buying something that will sound like poo, and won't be worth crap when he realizes it and goes to sell it. It's a particle board cabinet, with cheap speakers, and cheap hardware/construction. The only reason it's priced where it is, is because of the Marshall badge on it. I'm not on any bandwagon either, I owned an MG.

huh?
that great erock whos get kickass gear owned a mg...
i guess that really means EVERYONE has owned at one point...
(and yes i own it and i know it sucks)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by jessexxx
the worst thing you could do is take the advice of the 15 year old flamers on here,.....because if theres one thing they have learned is flame the mg and you'll be cool..

Let me guess. You're 16 and you were just recently suckered into buying an MG.

Quote by jessexxx
after looking at your equipment you got alot of balls bashing anything!!...see ,..you my sheepish little boy are exactly what is wrong with this forum,...you know nothing..yet you speak from a mountain of false information!!....after all,..all i asked was for the dude to try one himself,...listen with "his" own ears,...on second thought,...that is a totaly screwed up thing to ask isnt it?

I have very nice equipment for what I've paid for it(don't bother checking; haven't updated my profile). So, is my opinion welcome? He's completely welcome to try the cab out. But, I promise you that he will not like it better than his own cab(assuming he runs the same head that he owns through it).

Quote by jessexxx

Did you seriously just say that to Gabe? First, as far as I and many other UGers are concerned, he IS the know all/hear all of tone on this forum. Second, it's not propaganda. Look up the meaning of that word. And finally, Gabe is doing everything in his power to help out the aforementioned musician, which is more than I can say for you.

Don't have to do it at all. I'm just plain awesome, anyway.

P.S. Yes, I have owned an MG for an unfortunately long period of time.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by jessexxx

lol man, wait for the warning cause you spoke out against the norm.

i loved what you wrote.
Quote by jessexxx

Well considering I'm said to be one of the most reliable and informative members (just ask Slats, Dave_Mc, Riffhog, Whole_lotta_Led, Mr_Carrot and the other reliable persons round here). And yes speaking of whichi, I do own nice gear.

Do I bash the MG to be cool? No!

I bash it because it sucks. I have tried one multiple times. All the times I've ended up with really really REALLY bad tone. The amp itself sounds very bad and so does the cab. I could go on forever why, but trust me, I've tried this amp and can tell it's bad.

Plus I not only bash the MG, I actually give ADVICE on what he should try instead. It's not like:
D00d, the MG suxx!

My post was instead:
The MG cab is really bad, I'd either keep that Deluxe cab, which is really good or get an Avatar cab.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by jessexxx
Shut the hell up, that guy has nice equipment and he has every right to say an amp is crap and tell the TS not to bother with it, even if he didn't have nice equipment. Normally I would agree with the point that he should decide for himself but the TS clearly has no clue about cabs even by his own admission and we are telling him in no uncertain way that the MG and everything to do with it is crap; deal with it.

Oh, and +1^
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by acdclandon
huh?
that great erock whos get kickass gear owned a mg...
i guess that really means EVERYONE has owned at one point...
(and yes i own it and i know it sucks)

haha, hey man, everyone starts somewhere. I wouldn't advise anyone to spend a ton on gear unless they are absolutely positive it's something they are going to stick with. I probably started with one of the worst beginner rigs on this forum. The MG was an upgrade for me actually. My first amp was a Dean Markley 312B keyboard/bass amp, with a DS-1 and Arion Metal Master distortion box, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
drunkass, I second third or fourth the avatar cab. I tested one and have no idea what speakers were in it, but it was solid and sounded very good. I owned an MG for about 4 years in college, it was not a good amp.
Are you gigging? The fender is a good cab, are you sure you want to trade off for the benefit of how it may look? Looks don't matter to anyone's ears...
Responses in this thread are hilarious. Especially the ones boosting ego's or with self proclaimed experts. Don't you people get it, tone is all about preference. And to the MG bashers, you are not doing a good job, because I still see 16 yr olds putting up MG threads.
Quote by Erock503
haha, hey man, everyone starts somewhere. I wouldn't advise anyone to spend a ton on gear unless they are absolutely positive it's something they are going to stick with. I probably started with one of the worst beginner rigs on this forum. The MG was an upgrade for me actually. My first amp was a Dean Markley 312B keyboard/bass amp, with a DS-1 and Arion Metal Master distortion box, lol.

e....e..erock....is that really you?

I'm on Gabel's side for this one, keep your cabinet or trade it on the bay or Craigslist so you can invest in a 2x12 like the Avatar.
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by shredhead22
After reading all 10 of your posts i can honestly say that you really don't know what you're talking about. Of course the TS should try out his own gear before he buys it, but he wants our opinion otherwise he wouldn't be asking. Also who are you to berate another member's opinion? you've just joined and so far have made no real contributions to this community other than become an opinion basher. Perhaps you should stop noobishly flaming senior members that have not only proved themselves on this forum by helping people just like the TS (im lookin at you gabel and tackleberry ), but have actually tested the products they claim to dislike (not all of us are mindless bandwagoners). On a side note, your grammar and spelling is as atrocious as the 15 noobs u tend to bash and i believe you to be a troll

oh and btw, if owning superior musical gear makes you more informative (which i got when you flamed kool98769) then i own a mesa boogie so please STFU

...on topic, TS you don't need a 4x12, a good 2x12 or even what you have now is more than enough. 3 extra speakers =/= 3x better tone

to respond to you is way to simple,..you..without even knowing it made my own point for me,....you put a quote on your posts bragging about the fact your a dick,...then you being the sheep you are wear your mesa like a proud badge of honor,..so rock on brotha,.....see how your label treats ya.
Quote by Erock503

dang thats crazy
well i least i have a dam good board
**** amp though still
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by jessexxx
to respond to you is way to simple,..you..without even knowing it made my own point for me,....you put a quote on your posts bragging about the fact your a dick,...then you being the sheep you are wear your mesa like a proud badge of honor,..so rock on brotha,.....see how your label treats ya.

0_o
why do you type as if you're a stroke victim?

and what is this point you've claimed to have made? Other than becoming a troll you've made no contribution to this thread. I made the mesa comment based on your previous post, so calling me a sheep when you instigated that oh-so-logical way of thinking is kinda hypocritical on your part. Plus when one tends to use " " in a post it usually implies that the poster is using a sarcastic statement in reference to a previously made BS comment (like in your case)....and yes i am proud my quote. But way to be a bandwagoner by making a judgement about me without any previous knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the quote in my sig.

\rant
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 24, 2008,
Page 1 of 2