I'm a relative newcomer and have started playing with an acoustic that belongs to my brother, he also has an electric. Now i'm wondering if I should buy my own guitar now or first wait until i'm more experienced?
Well for me, I never had my own guitar till about a year into my guitar playing, so by the time I owned my own, I knew my way around. But it's all up to you, you don't NEED your own guitar when you're learning the basics, but when you get a little better, get one.
By the way, sick avatar hahah
Well, if your brother doesn't use his acoustic that much, or his playing time is different than yours, then I'd say wait a bit, learn your basics, learn 2 or 3 songs, and in the time, save some more money to get a really good acoustic that you like. Just my 2 cents.
I'd definitely say get one. Just not an Epiphone SG Special.

Also, ****ing lol at burningmice.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Yeah, buy your own. It's a pain to have to keep borrowing someone elses. My little bro is borrowing mine until he gets his own, and it's annoying as hell.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
You know, I'd honestly say that depends.

How is it working out right now? If you're brother has problems sharing it with you, or you can't play when you want to, then yes I'd say definitely get one of your own.

However, if there aren't any problems with you continuing to use his guitar, then keep using his guitar and start saving up for a good guitar later down the road. That way you can bypass the "****ty starter guitar" and go straight to something worth keeping.
Quote by icronic
You know, I'd honestly say that depends.

How is it working out right now? If you're brother has problems sharing it with you, or you can't play when you want to, then yes I'd say definitely get one of your own.

However, if there aren't any problems with you continuing to use his guitar, then keep using his guitar and start saving up for a good guitar later down the road. That way you can bypass the "****ty starter guitar" and go straight to something worth keeping.

+1
Exactly what I meant. He said it better :P
I'd say get your own. It's gonna make you love playing it a lot more, knowing that it's yours. It's also a good idea, thinking you might have more time with it since it will be yours, rather then taking your bro's when he's not playing.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.