Ok, so my Boss ODB-3 just ran out of battery power and I don't have any extra 9V batteries at the moment. I have an AC adapter that can have its voltage adjusted (9 obviously being a choice), would it be ok to use that? It says on the pedal to only use Boss PSA adapters but I think they put it there just so you buy their product. This is only for practicing as I will have a new battery before my next gig.
I use a 1spot adaptor with several BOSS products. Your pedal asks for 200ma and 9volts DC. Double check with your manual - but as long as your adaptor has neg- center you should be ok.
Quote by pwrmax
Ok, so my Boss ODB-3 just ran out of battery power and I don't have any extra 9V batteries at the moment. I have an AC adapter that can have its voltage adjusted (9 obviously being a choice), would it be ok to use that? It says on the pedal to only use Boss PSA adapters but I think they put it there just so you buy their product. This is only for practicing as I will have a new battery before my next gig.

BE CAREFUL!! Check 3 things!

1.) That the voltage is correct, like 9v, sounds like you got this part covered.

2.) This is the thing that will destroy your pedal if it isn't matched correctly, you must have the minimum required milliamp rating, if your pedal needs 150milliamps (abbreviated as 'mHa' or 'ma') then make sure the adapter can output at least 150 milliamps, or at least within 25 milliamps of that range (even this is risky)

3.) The adapter must be a negative type polarity for the boss pedal.
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Well, the adapter goes up to 500mA and the polarity can be changed with the flick of a switch.
just try it? you might explode in the process though.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
lastin is correct that you can destroy your pedal if done wrong. But if your adaptor goes to 500ma is 9v and has neg center...you should be fine.

According to Boss your pedal is 200ma and 9v. You should double check and not take my word for it. Again, you should be fine
If you have a multi-meter, you can double-check it to make sure before plugging it in. Remember, NEGATIVE on the inside conductor.

Chris
I have a boss pedal and it wont run on a multi adapter I have at all. It will run on the 1spot I have. With the switchable kind you run a good chance of plugging the thing in wrong and no more pedal. I know my boss gives no idea of what the amps/volts/polarity of the jack is.